Crown Advisors represents the real estate industry’s most sought after companies and positions including senior executives. Our clients trust us to find top quality candidates and we continually add new real estate, construction, and related opportunities to our list of active searches.
Our client is a full-service international industrial real estate developer, investor, and advisor. Since 1998, the company has developed and acquired institutional grade industrial properties in over 30 markets across North America and Europe totaling more than 160 million square feet. From acquisition and joint ventures to construction and property management, the firm provides creative solutions for its customers and realizes long-term value for its partners. The company possesses a depth of capital, market expertise, industry relationships, and forward-looking vision to buy and build industrial properties that meet the logistics, distribution, and manufacturing demands of evolving markets.
The Vice President will focus on land and building acquisition opportunities and manage leasing efforts in the Southeast. This person will be an integral part of the growing Southeast Team, working closely with the Southeast Market Leader, Development Directors, and associates at headquarters in all aspects of industrial development and acquisitions. The Vice President will have direct leasing and/or asset management experience managing third-party broker listing teams along with exposure to land acquisitions, building acquisitions, and financial underwriting.
Acquisitions and Development
- Source land acquisitions for industrial development throughout the Southeast
- Source and underwrite building acquisitions with the Acquisitions Team
- Negotiate Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Work closely with Development Directors from project inception through disposition
- Maintain and cultivate new broker relationships to stay in the deal flow
- Underwrite transactions and develop proformas with the Investments Team
- Manage third-party listing brokers
- Prepare responses to RFP’s
- Act as the primary point of contact for customer relationships in the Southeast
- Manage marketing collateral
- Attend prospect tours
- Negotiate leases
- Maintain research database of current and potential markets
Senior Associate – Acquisitions
New York, NY
Our client is a real estate investment, operating and development company. Its real estate projects include the ownership, development and management of Class A office, multi-family residential condominiums and rentals, and industrial properties. The company’s headquarters is in New York, NY.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Unique opportunity in senior associate-level position in real estate acquisitions and dispositions. The candidate will be exposed to, and involved in, the company’s unique deal sourcing and transaction process (office properties), with the goal of achieving a more independent and crucial role along with his/her progression within the firm. Given the firm’s entrepreneurial culture, the candidate will work directly with senior executives and take a fundamental role in driving the firm’s day-to-day and future success.
The candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to work with the CEO and CFO on property acquisition and disposition projects, and will include the following:
- Model acquisition opportunities using Argus;
- Research market assumptions, establishing relationships with / calling local brokers and using various research software;
- Help identify best business plan for individual assets;
- Model joint venture cash flow and waterfall models.
- Facilitate and complete multiple due diligence tasks for new acquisitions including:
- Help audit financial records and prepare budgets/forecasts;
- Facilitate and analyze third party property reports;
- Draft Investment Memoranda;
- Provide due diligence materials to and respond to all questions from lenders and partners.
- Research and identify potential acquisition opportunities;
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, value creation opportunities, and risks in potential deals;
- Develop relationships with brokers and other intermediaries;
- Develop database of properties, owners, brokers.
- Maintain Argus throughout ownership (leasing, OpEx, etc. updates).
- Assist Director of Asset Management with lease analyses, cost / benefit analyses, tenant- credit analyses, and various asset management functions.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must possess the following skill set and background:
- Proven history of real estate financial analysis;
- Minimum of 3-7 years direct/relevant experience in real estate acquisitions;
- Bachelor’s degree is required / Master’s is preferred;
- Direct experience in the due diligence process;
- Extensive experience with ARGUS and Excel.
Director – Asset & Property Management
Our client was founded in 1989 and is one of the largest privately held owners of industrial and office properties in the Carolinas. They have invested over $1.4B in real estate projects and developed and acquired more than 22M SF. Today they lease, own or manage more than 9M SF of property throughout the Carolinas. Their primary focus is acquiring and developing well located industrial, urban infill office, and mixed-use properties. The in-house team of seasoned real estate professionals average nearly 20 years’ experience transacting, investing and operating real estate. They employ a patient and focused investment strategy concentrating in areas where they have superior market knowledge. This strategic focus combined with their on the ground presence enables them to uncover and create value at the asset level and deliver outstanding returns to investors.
The Director of Asset & Property Management will report to the COO and will play a critical leadership role within the organization. The Director of Asset & Property Management will:
- Oversee the property level operating activities and strategies for the Company’s owned portfolio.
- Serve as a Player / Coach and lead the existing property management and engineering team.
- Build and grow the third-party management and engineering business.
The ideal candidate must be an entrepreneurial, forward-thinking, problem-solver with a strong client-service focus that has a passion for people, building and leading a team, and working across multiple business lines and product types.
Business Planning / Financial Analysis
- Formulate and implement strategic asset plans for the properties and monitor the on-going financial performance of the assets.
- Develop and implement action plans to reduce operating expenses.
- Identify and analyze opportunities for value enhancement and cash flow improvement including parking revenue at their office projects.
Acquisition / Disposition Support
- Support the Acquisition/Development team in the acquisition and disposition process to ensure that asset management issues are identified prior to purchase or sale of an asset.
Leading a Team / Promoting Operational Efficiency
- Provide strategic leadership to the in-house property managers and building engineers by providing direction and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, capital expenditures, and tenant issues.
- Develop and procure high value talent and place that talent in key positions to support the company goals and growth initiatives.
- Coordinate, review, and approve property operating and capital budgets and the release of capital expenditures for capital improvements.
- Implement best practices for the property management and building engineers to ensure the highest level of current and future tenant satisfaction and assist with ongoing training for the team.
- Assist the teams with the negotiation of property-level contracts, including leases, licenses, management and listing agreements.
- Perform regular onsite property visits and conduct property reviews with the property management teams to evaluate construction progress, property condition, and performance.
- Partner with the Project Management Team on new development/ redevelopment projects and monitor construction progress, budgets, and cost overruns.
Build and Grow Third-Party Management Business
- Responsible for all business development efforts and all operational aspects of the third-party management business.
- Build a strong collaborative and team-based environment.
- Drive growth in revenues and profitability.
- Provide consistent, value add strategies for private and institutional clients.
- Create and present powerful proposals to clients using company platform tools, creative differentiators, and superior management talent.
CRITICAL CHARACTER TRAITS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Only individuals with the highest personal character will be considered. High integrity, a desire to pursue excellence, a strong work ethic, optimism, a strong desire to serve others, and a commitment to doing business the right way are prerequisites for consideration.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in real estate, finance, economics, or related field.
- An ideal candidate will have significant asset and property management experience related to office, industrial and mixed-use properties.
- Proven ability to sell third-party management services to private and institutional clients across multiple product types.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent leadership and sales skills and a collaborative working style.
- Strong understanding of real estate operating & capital budgets, property operations, capital improvements and leasing.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and help them execute on their business plans.
- Advanced skills in MRI or other similar property management software application and strong proficiency in Argus, Excel, and MS Office suite.
Senior Vice President, Investment Research
New York, NY
Our client is a leading U.S. real estate investment manager headquartered in New York with a presence in major markets across the United States, as well as internationally. The organization is built on a broad network of real estate professionals who bring knowledge of local markets to every investment decision. They invest in high quality properties, typically from the five key property types: office, retail, industrial, multifamily residential and hotel. They have a broad range of real estate strategies across the risk/return spectrum: core, core-plus, value-add and opportunistic. They provide investors with long-term real estate solutions to support their investment objectives, always mindful of their obligations of accountability, transparency and trust. With close to 300 employees and over $43 B in total AUM, this SEC registered investment advisor has a distinguished 35-year history managing investments.
- 300+ institutional investors both domestic and international
- Investment options in both fund and separate account formats
- Expertise in equity and debt structures
- Monitor economic indicators, employment growth, and demographic trends. Use econometric models to analyze real estate market fundamentals and capital market data and forecast future trends.
- Identify key investment themes in core and alternative property sectors and geographic regions that drive the firm’s investment strategies.
- Design, draft, and publish quarterly market reports, strategy research, white papers, and external industry publications.
- Prepare House View and sector research presentations and assist client reporting and marketing.
- Supervise and direct Research Analyst(s), as appropriate.
- Participate in industry conferences and visit target markets when needed.
- An advanced degree from a leading university in economics, real estate, urban planning, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of research experience from real estate investment management and/or investment banking public REIT research coverage.
- Superior writing skills with track record of real estate research publications.
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate complex technical analysis and concepts to clients in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, organizational, and project management skills. Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to work as part of an investment management team that includes the disciplines of acquisitions, research, asset management, and client capital management.
Global Account Director
Our client is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Their 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether they are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, they strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
As an experienced Global Account Director, the candidate will have the exciting opportunity to build and foster a long-term relationship with our client’s valued global account clients. The candidate will help consult across retail, design, and mission critical needs. The candidate will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day account activities of the global account client worldwide and interact with global delivery teams across the Firm.
- Facilitate and author the account strategic plan to expand relationships within the account and grow the business.
- Integrate the guiding principles, research, and firmwide talent on a daily basis to deliver the best caliber of service to the global account client.
- Seek opportunities to propose new ideas proactively to the global account client and make recommendations for improvements in processes.
- Deliver best practices from outside the global account client’s sphere of understanding proactively and continuously.
- Mentor a potential pipeline of account-knowledgeable leaders.
- Service the account to ensure that the work is delivered in an appropriate and consistent manner and facilitates effective workflow and process.
- Understand, negotiate, and enforce global account client contract terms.
- Manage project specific staffing support and resource allocation to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Manage the workflow, including operations of international teams.
- Lead scoping, contracting, and budgeting for fiscal year budgeting cycles.
- Drive regular reporting and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10-15 years’ minimum experience in client relationship management and delivery success.
- Cross-geography, international work experience and the ability to adapt to and respect cultural diversity and nuances.
- A background in design and consulting is preferred.
- Savvy in business matters and possess financial acumen.
- A familiarity with corporate structures will allow the candidate to navigate within existing processes translating to effective workplans and outcomes.
Multifamily Project Managers and Superintendents
Orlando & Tampa, FL
Our client is one of the nation’s top multi-family builders. They currently have over $125 million in projects underway in the region and have a deep pipeline of future projects. Project types include high-density mixed-use apartments; luxury apartments; campus housing; senior living and traditional garden apartments. Many of the projects include wood frame on top of a concrete parking deck.
We are looking for candidates with experience in project management or field supervision; someone capable of managing projects in the $30M to $50M range. The ideal candidate will be someone with strong entrepreneurial skills that has a vision on how projects are supposed to run and then put their seal of approval on them. Multi-family experience is preferred, but we can also consider someone with larger commercial project experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a very well established, financially sound and stable firm that has a significant pipeline of business. The role offers the ability for the person to be entrepreneurial and work with the passion and dedication required to be successful.
Vice President of Construction
We have been engaged by one of the top multifamily construction companies nationally to help them open a new Atlanta office. They build a variety of projects from traditional garden apartments to mixed-use luxury apartments, campus housing, senior living and high-density transit oriented developments. Most of the projects include concrete construction and underground parking. They have a national clientele of top developers pursuing work in the region. They have two current projects with several more in the pipeline that they will use as a springboard to find additional work.
We are searching for a VP of Construction to open, lead and grow the Atlanta office. As they gain traction, they will have additional needs both in the office and in the field, from Senior Project Managers to Project Engineers; and Senior Superintendent’s to Assistant Superintendents. This is a great opportunity to become a leader and key figure in a $600M company as they expand into a new territory.