Crown Advisors represents the real estate industry’s most sought after companies and positions including senior executives. Our clients trust us to find top quality candidates and we continually add new real estate, construction, and related opportunities to our list of active searches.
Senior Vice President, Investment Research
New York, NY
Our client is a leading U.S. real estate investment manager headquartered in New York with a presence in major markets across the United States, as well as internationally. The organization is built on a broad network of real estate professionals who bring knowledge of local markets to every investment decision. They invest in high quality properties, typically from the five key property types: office, retail, industrial, multifamily residential and hotel. They have a broad range of real estate strategies across the risk/return spectrum: core, core-plus, value-add and opportunistic. They provide investors with long-term real estate solutions to support their investment objectives, always mindful of their obligations of accountability, transparency and trust. With close to 300 employees and over $43 B in total AUM, this SEC registered investment advisor has a distinguished 35-year history managing investments.
- 300+ institutional investors both domestic and international
- Investment options in both fund and separate account formats
- Expertise in equity and debt structures
- Monitor economic indicators, employment growth, and demographic trends. Use econometric models to analyze real estate market fundamentals and capital market data and forecast future trends.
- Identify key investment themes in core and alternative property sectors and geographic regions that drive the firm’s investment strategies.
- Design, draft, and publish quarterly market reports, strategy research, white papers, and external industry publications.
- Prepare House View and sector research presentations and assist client reporting and marketing.
- Supervise and direct Research Analyst(s), as appropriate.
- Participate in industry conferences and visit target markets when needed.
- An advanced degree from a leading university in economics, real estate, urban planning, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of research experience from real estate investment management and/or investment banking public REIT research coverage.
- Superior writing skills with track record of real estate research publications.
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate complex technical analysis and concepts to clients in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, organizational, and project management skills. Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to work as part of an investment management team that includes the disciplines of acquisitions, research, asset management, and client capital management.
Vice President, Asset Management
Our client is a global, best-in-class commercial real estate operating and development company with industry-leading capabilities in support of its real estate investment strategies.
Their vertically integrated operating abilities provide real estate management services for premier property assets across the office, multifamily, retail and hospitality sectors. This unique expertise ensures industry-leading operating results and investment outcomes. It also gives their tenants, business partners, and other stakeholders assurance that their properties are serviced to the highest level of quality, innovation, and professionalism.
The candidate will be a key member of the team that works to maximize property performance, increase value, ensure organizational effectiveness, implement high operational standards, and apply our client’s commitment to outstanding service. Above all else, the person will play a key role in strategy setting by taking a strategic approach to leasing and asset management.
- Responsible for the investment performance, reporting, and strategic direction for a portfolio of office assets, primarily with core, core-plus and value–add strategies. The assets are located in Washington DC, Arlington County, Fairfax County, and Montgomery County.
- Manage a team of associates and analysts in the asset management group.
- Develop and manage the implementation of asset strategies and operational initiatives aimed at maximizing values in the portfolio.
- Actively collaborate with in-house and third-party leasing teams to execute leasing strategy, including analyzing the impact of various leases on asset performance.
- Analyze and report on performance, budget variances, and significant changes in market and property conditions.
- Oversee the preparation of property business plans including leasing, operating and capital budgets.
- Analyze and monitor capital improvement and renovation programs as required for property maintenance, competitive positioning, or value enhancement.
- Coordinate the preparation and presentation of reporting requirements to a variety of stakeholders including co-owners, corporate office, and external parties.
- Work with the finance team on refinancing and restructuring strategies.
- Work with the acquisitions and dispositions team on underwriting and dispositions.
Technical Skills and Other
- Significant real estate asset management experience with an owner.
- Prior experience working with investments managed through operating partners.
- Strong valuation, due diligence, and real estate financial analysis skills.
- In-depth understanding of property operations and leasing.
- Market analysis skills to support decisions concerning rent rates, capital improvement programs, leasing strategies, and property repositioning.
- Ability to operate with an owner’s perspective.
- Independent and creative thinker who is solutions oriented .
- Well organized, good administrative skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral presentation skills.
Global Account Director
Our client is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Their 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether they are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, they strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
As an experienced Global Account Director, the candidate will have the exciting opportunity to build and foster a long-term relationship with our client’s valued global account clients. The candidate will help consult across retail, design, and mission critical needs. The candidate will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day account activities of the global account client worldwide and interact with global delivery teams across the Firm.
- Facilitate and author the account strategic plan to expand relationships within the account and grow the business.
- Integrate the guiding principles, research, and firmwide talent on a daily basis to deliver the best caliber of service to the global account client.
- Seek opportunities to propose new ideas proactively to the global account client and make recommendations for improvements in processes.
- Deliver best practices from outside the global account client’s sphere of understanding proactively and continuously.
- Mentor a potential pipeline of account-knowledgeable leaders.
- Service the account to ensure that the work is delivered in an appropriate and consistent manner and facilitates effective workflow and process.
- Understand, negotiate, and enforce global account client contract terms.
- Manage project specific staffing support and resource allocation to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Manage the workflow, including operations of international teams.
- Lead scoping, contracting, and budgeting for fiscal year budgeting cycles.
- Drive regular reporting and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10-15 years’ minimum experience in client relationship management and delivery success.
- Cross-geography, international work experience and the ability to adapt to and respect cultural diversity and nuances.
- A background in design and consulting is preferred.
- Savvy in business matters and possess financial acumen.
- A familiarity with corporate structures will allow the candidate to navigate within existing processes translating to effective workplans and outcomes.
Senior Managing Director, Capital Markets
Our client is a leading, commercial real estate intermediary that provides debt and equity placement services for commercial real estate investors nationally. The firm closes in excess of $5B in financing annually.
OVERVIEW: This person will be the executive in command of the organization, responsible for the strategic growth plan, daily execution and growing the brand. This position will report directly to the CEO. We have been engaged to find an experienced individual within real estate capital markets who has a successful track record of leading and growing a fast paced, growth-oriented organization. This person will manage, lead, and execute all strategic and business aspects of the firm and will own the responsibility for its success. This includes team expansion, enhancement of client services, revenue and profit growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully integrate the company’s Financing/Capital Markets team and capabilities with Investment Sales
- Enhance the firm’s overall client value proposition through excellence in Financing/Capital Markets services
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Build trusting relationships with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
Demonstrated success as a senior level Executive Leader in real estate capital markets with 20+ years relevant Real Estate Financing/Capital Markets industry experience
- A deep understanding of real estate market segments (private client, middle market, institutional market), the lenders who serve them, and the needs of the clients within each segment
- In-depth understanding of the loan continuum and challenges encountered throughout
- In-depth knowledge of and experience as a financial intermediary (broker) and mortgage banker
- Experience and understanding of the nuances of working and partnering with, and influencing independent contractors (Agents)
- Understands the motivation and lending parameters of commercial banks, life insurance companies, agency lenders, CMBS, private/public funds
- Superior skill and understanding of all structures along the capital stack including debt, mezzanine capital, preferred equity and common equity
- Understands all debt products including senior fixed and floating rate debt, construction loans, bridge product including how and why those products should be introduced
- Track record of building teams, driving revenue and production
- Track record of providing inspired leadership, motivational management and pace-setting accomplishments
- Communication and presentation skills required by a major publicly traded Financial Services firm
Strong business acumen
- The ability to conceptualize strategic plans, identify opportunities and implement the tactical execution to ensure that tasks are completed.
- Prior experience in budgeting and forecasting with experience in reporting results and numbers to executive management
- Track record of successfully operating to financial and operational metrics with a proactive attitude to problem identification and solving
- Ability to establish and manage priorities and to focus on attention to detail and follow through – self-directed with a strong bias to action and results
- Prior experience in building and improving operational processes and procedures to enhance the production performance of an organization
- Prior experience with organization design and restructuring
- Willingness and ability to “roll up the sleeves” in an entrepreneurial environment to ensure that the strategy is executed
- Demonstrated successful market analysis, assessment, and business case development to support scaling the teams
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with strong presence and presentation skills
- Self-motivated individual with experience working in a dynamic, fast- paced environment with the ability to drive, develop and execute initiatives across various functional groups
- Able to make quick, logical, and precise decisions that align with the best interest of their clients, employees, and overall business
- Successful track record of demonstrating and bringing value to clients
Director of Residences
Metro DC Area
Our client is a privately held, fully integrated real estate development and investment company based in the Metro DC area. The company was established four generations ago and has a focus on creating high quality mixed-use projects which are rich in detail and originality.
A vertically-integrated company with internal development, construction and property management, they are involved in every facet of the community-building process. From the initial site selection down to the quality finishing touches of each residence and building, they consider each detail to be paramount. The company developed over 13,000 homes and apartments in the Mid-Atlantic region and completed over $4 billion in real estate transactions.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Residences to oversee the lease-up and operations of this 394-unit, ultra-luxury high-rise apartment building. The Director of Residences will be responsible for managing daily operations which includes, but is not limited to, leasing, marketing, ancillary resident services and facilities operations of the property. The Director of Residences will serve as the face and leader of one of the most high-end and luxurious new apartment buildings in downtown Baltimore, and must represent the epitome of commitment, competence and service. The Director of Residences should be cognizant of all issues, functions and performance occurring at the property. With a focus on continual improvement and an eye for detail, it is expected that this person build, develop and manage a best-in-class team to ensure that the property is exceeding expectations of both residents and the owner.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operations of the property in accordance with company policies, lease agreements, and applicable laws.
- Responsible for achieving budgeted goals including: Leasing, Renewal, Occupancy, Expenses and NOI.
- Ensure that all reporting and financial statements are accurate and produced in a timely manner.
- Receive, manage, code and submit for approval invoices and expenses relating to the operation of the property.
- Perform inspections with Director of Facilities for purposes of ensuring quality of units made ready and condition of common areas.
- Assure community compliance with Fair Housing requirements and all applicable laws, codes and ordinances.
- Directly supervise Leasing Specialists, Maintenance team, Concierge team and Director of Resident Services.
- Develop consistent and effective ongoing training with the assistance of the Questar Management team to ensure the highest caliber customer service and living experience for residents. The training aligns with Company technology and policies.
- Maintain Company customer service standards, respond clearly and in a timely manner to residents’ needs and complaints and ensure resolution.
- Assist in performing due diligence duties such as lease audits, property inventory and service contract reviews. Maintain and oversee current service contracts and arranges for new or termination of existing contracts as required.
- Prepare and implement property budget. Analyze the monthly financial statement and assist with the preparation of the Variance Report. Produce weekly management reports through YARDI.
- Inspect property on a regular basis and report any repair or replacement needs to the Director of Facilities.
- Ensure that the property is well maintained in peak condition at all times.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
The Director of Residences is ultimately responsible for the functioning of the property, including the performance of all team members, annual budget preparation and compliance with good safety practices.
- Experience in residential high-rise apartment management and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required.
- Knowledge of established accounting and bookkeeping practices and procedures including the ability to create budgets and analyze financial statements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must interact effectively with all levels of employees and external contacts.
- Must work well under pressure, exercise good judgment when making decisions and handle stressful situations in a mature, professional manner.
A four-year Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field from an accredited university and five (5) years’ leadership experience in a property management organization is required.
A minimum of five (5) years of property management experience required. Management experience to include: budgeting and expense control; personnel supervision and development; building management, operation and maintenance. Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity. Strong interpersonal, time management and customer service skills required. Computer skills including: internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word. Knowledge of database and real estate property management applications. Experience and knowledge using YARDI, working in 24/7 hotel and luxury resort properties/overseeing their concierge divisions a plus.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES:
Residential Management certification preferred. Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) License desirable.
Senior Vice President, Retail Leasing (East Coast)
Founded in 1984, our client is a comprehensive real estate firm headquartered in Washington, DC with a full-service office in Beverly Hills, CA. They have developed a $1 billion portfolio comprised of 44 properties totaling 5 million square feet with an active development pipeline more than $1 billion.
They specialize in the acquisition, development, redevelopment, and value enhancement of shopping centers and mixed-use properties. The company takes a long-term, conservative approach to real estate ownership and development actively seeking new projects in their core markets of Washington, DC and Southern California.
The Senior Vice President, East Coast Leasing (SVP), reporting to the President/CEO, is responsible for directing all facets of retail leasing, including management of East Coast leasing staff, and working closely with operational department heads (Development, Acquisitions, Construction, Property Management, Asset Management, Legal, Finance) to maintain high occupancy, upgrade tenant mix, provide market lease rate and budget leasing assumption information, meet or exceed budgeted leasing expectations and raise the profile of the company within the industry. The SVP will be a material participant in East Coast growth and value enhancement efforts by utilizing tenant and broker relationships to identify new acquisition and development opportunities, providing essential market leasing information in support of growth activity and procuring new anchor tenant lease deals for existing portfolio, redevelopment and new development projects on the East Coast. The SVP will develop and maintain relationships with retailers and brokers and be the in-house expert regarding all facets of leasing within the Washington, DC metropolitan market.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Business Administration, Finance and/or Real Estate. MBA preferred.
EXPERIENCE: A significant number of years’ experience in retail leasing is required. Must possess a thorough understanding of the entire leasing process and be familiar with the portfolio, trade areas, new and existing tenants, market trends and new developments in the region. Excellent relationships with other real estate professionals (tenants, landlords, brokers, etc.) in the region is a must. Demonstrated (i) ability to foster and maintain a viable network of contacts in the industry in order to procure new lease deals for the portfolio and (ii) track record of closing lease deals (including with anchor tenants and specifically with grocery store tenants), building and motivating an effective leasing team, achieving and maintaining high occupancy levels, and devising creative solutions for leasing in a rapidly changing marketplace.
SKILLS: Must possess strong negotiation, communication, leadership, motivational, and sales skills, be creative and an outstanding problem solver, and have expert knowledge of retail leases. Must be organized in order to track lease expirations and other essential lease/tenant related data (e.g., sales, accounts receivable, etc.) necessary for success. Must have the ability to think “outside the box” and develop creative solutions for evolving market and industry conditions. Computer literacy required to include a working knowledge of standard business software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
Vice President, Development and Transactions
Our client is a full-service international real estate developer, advisor and investor. One large segment of their business is focused solely on industrial product. Since 1998, the company has been developing and acquiring institutional grade industrial properties in over 30 markets across North America and Europe. They have developed over 140 million square feet of industrial properties. From acquisition and joint ventures to construction and ongoing property management, they provide creative solutions for their customers and realize long-term value for their partners. They possess a depth of capital, market expertise, industry relationships, and forward-looking vision to buy and build industrial properties that meet the logistics, distribution, and manufacturing demands of evolving markets.
The Vice President, Development and Transactions must have a broad and diverse base of industrial real estate experience including but not limited to front end development, acquisitions, and marketing and leasing of industrial properties. This person will work closely with the Northeast Region team including the Market Leader, the Vice President of Development and the Development Director in all aspects of the development process from site viability and market analysis through design conception, entitlement, leasing, and potentially building disposition.
Land Acquisition and Development:
- Coordinate the entire development process from inception
- Identify target sites throughout the Northeast Region
- Maintain broker relationships to stay in front of deals
- Coordinate financial analysis with strong support from corporate finance and accounting teams
- Negotiate contracts and joint ventures
- Develop marketing plans for new projects
- Prepare responses to RFP’s
- Manage marketing media
- Attend showings
- Underwrite markets for leasing metrics
- Coordinate landlord broker leasing efforts by third party teams
- Negotiate leases with counsel’s support
- Interface with other markets on common leasing prospects
Multifamily Project Managers and Superintendents
Orlando & Tampa, FL
Our client is one of the nation’s top multi-family builders. They currently have over $125 million in projects underway in the region and have a deep pipeline of future projects. Project types include high-density mixed-use apartments; luxury apartments; campus housing; senior living and traditional garden apartments. Many of the projects include wood frame on top of a concrete parking deck.
We are looking for candidates with experience in project management or field supervision; someone capable of managing projects in the $30M to $50M range. The ideal candidate will be someone with strong entrepreneurial skills that has a vision on how projects are supposed to run and then put their seal of approval on them. Multi-family experience is preferred, but we can also consider someone with larger commercial project experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a very well established, financially sound and stable firm that has a significant pipeline of business. The role offers the ability for the person to be entrepreneurial and work with the passion and dedication required to be successful.
Regional Director, Asset Management
New Orleans, LA
Our client is an established investment, development and management firm based in New York City. For over 60 years, they have been a powerful force in real estate. They’ve achieved success by adhering to a core group of principles: diversity of holdings to weather fickle financial trends and climates; low debt to keep capital working for them and their clients; and extensive expertise to manage and operate their own properties. These qualities combine to make the company one of the nation’s foremost real estate companies. Diversity is a key to the company’s success. Active in every facet of the industry, they own, develop and manage over 26 million square feet of retail, commercial and industrial properties, over 5,000 residential rental units, as well as hundreds of net leased properties and thousands of acres of undeveloped land across the country.
The company is one of the largest owners/developers of real estate assets in New Orleans. The Regional Director of Asset Management will oversee all office and multifamily properties in the Louisiana portfolio (approximately 3 million square feet of office and 1200 multifamily units). Key responsibilities include hands-on oversight of property operations, leasing, and financial reporting. The Regional Director will also manage all redevelopment/development projects within the portfolio.
- Track all deals from start to finish.
- Review all deals with leasing personnel prior to it being sent to New York for approval.
- Review and comment on all lease issues and make changes and finalize/ approval of the document including Assignments, etc.
- Make decisions on whether lease or amendment should be sent to an Attorney or do in-house.
- Check lease and amendments to make any updates to amendments, for example termination options, insurance, casualty, etc.
- Assist and support all Property Managers (Offices, Apartments & Warehouses) in order to better operate their properties. Enhance and enforce the philosophy of the owner.
- Meetings and discussions on operations and leasing/site visits.
- Resolve problems with Property Managers in crisis whether it is tenant, building, legal and sometimes personal if it is affecting one’s job performance.
- Review and assist in budget creation, operational and capital spending.
- Review weekly leasing reports, budgets, variances, accounts receivable collections and accounts payable approval.
- Sign off on all capital projects (budgeted and non-budgeted).
- Review all vendor contracts.
- Monitor all 3rd party contractors used at the properties (pricing and workmanship).
- Review and remedy all legal notices, lawsuits, violation notices for properties, tenant defaults, evictions or collections.
- Review and investigate all claims of injuries prior to sending to our insurance company.
- Ensure that all safety precautions at each property are taken in adverse weather conditions including fire systems, warning notices, generator function, building first responders, re-entry passes and on-call vendors.
- Work with third party management companies.
- Communicate with brokers and attorneys
- Site evaluation
- Contract review
- Due Diligence
- Closing and transition of property to Property Manager
- Oversee all aspects from conception, design and development, construction, marketing and leasing
- Source/ identify new opportunities locally to grow the company
- 10+ years of asset management/operations experience with an owner/developer
- Experience managing development and renovation projects, both office and multifamily. Previous experience in construction management, tenant coordination, due diligence and entitlement work
- Knowledge of the New Orleans market as well as existing relationships in the market (preferred)
- Four-year college degree required
Chief Financial Officer
New York, NY
Our client is a privately held real estate investment, operating, management and development company headquartered in Lower Manhattan, NY. This group has had an amazing track record of acquiring and developing some of the best in class commercial real estate assets. Since the early 2000’s they have developed nearly $5B (over 10 million square feet) throughout the United States and currently have a robust pipeline.
We have been retained to fill the position of Chief Financial Officer/Chief Accounting Officer. Our ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience with a proven track record within a real estate development company. The ability to develop and lead strategy, planning, forecasting as well as revenue/profitability analysis for both the current portfolio but also new ground up development. Must have strong financial modeling experience. Sourcing of funds with new development projects and expertise in IRR and ROI analysis. Communicate and develop strong banking, investment and construction lending relationships. Develop and manage capital plan to support and promote the company into new markets and expand development efforts in its existing footprint.
Founded by several of the top commercial real estate leaders in the Southeast, our client is a full service commercial real estate firm, comprised of an exceptional, well respected and established group of talented professionals headquartered in Charlotte, NC. The firm has deep existing relationships with the top institutional owners in the country and is one of the leading service providers for leasing, property management, construction/project management and investment sales in the Carolinas. The firm has eight business lines and leases and/or manages an office and industrial portfolio of institutional quality assets totaling 16M SF in Charlotte, Raleigh and Greenville, SC.
This hired Partner will oversee the Greenville, SC office for the firm, be an owner of the Greenville office with the firm’s other partners, and be responsible for recruiting and business development. The Greenville Partner will oversee all operational aspects of the Greenville office with the support of the company’s established resources out of Charlotte. As Market Leader and Partner, this person will assist in developing operating budgets for this office and monitor the overall financial performance of the region.
The Greenville Partner will lead efforts to build our client’s brokerage presence in Greenville and surrounding areas. This will include recruiting and managing an entrepreneurial transactional team and relevant business lines to support that team. The selected candidate will be offered a platform to build the business and will be rewarded substantially for their efforts.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial, strategic mindset and strong work ethic with proven success building a business. The Greenville Partner will have a positively aggressive, creative, charismatic and energetic personality. This person will bring enthusiasm and cohesiveness to the team, motivating them for success, leading and communicating by example. Critical to the success of this role will be an assertive and proactive working leader with a balanced and pragmatic approach to executing deals and management.
- A known and respected professional in the South Carolina commercial real estate industry including established relationships with institutional owners and users around the U.S.
- Hands-on production and management experience with a thorough understanding of the entrepreneurial nature of a brokerage sales force.
- Strategic minded with a visionary and forward-thinking approach.
- Highly effective communicator and connector, with the charisma to be representative of the company in the market.
- Minimum of 7-10+ years’ experience in the commercial real estate industry, transaction experience preferred.
Vice President of Construction
We have been engaged by one of the top multifamily construction companies nationally to help them open a new Atlanta office. They build a variety of projects from traditional garden apartments to mixed-use luxury apartments, campus housing, senior living and high-density transit oriented developments. Most of the projects include concrete construction and underground parking. They have a national clientele of top developers pursuing work in the region. They have two current projects with several more in the pipeline that they will use as a springboard to find additional work.
We are searching for a VP of Construction to open, lead and grow the Atlanta office. As they gain traction, they will have additional needs both in the office and in the field, from Senior Project Managers to Project Engineers; and Senior Superintendent’s to Assistant Superintendents. This is a great opportunity to become a leader and key figure in a $600M company as they expand into a new territory.