Crown Advisors represents the real estate industry’s most sought after companies and positions including senior executives. Our clients trust us to find top quality candidates and we continually add new real estate, construction, and related opportunities to our list of active searches.
Vice President, Development
Our client, founded over 60 years ago, is a vertically integrated service provider specializing in development, construction, program management, and property management. They believe to effectively contribute and provide impactful service to their clients, they must take a holistic approach to any assignment. They will be a collaborative partner, evaluating potential opportunities through a big picture perspective. With their interest aligned with their clients, they engage their four divisions to provide service within a specific scope.
A proven strategic leader, who can drive success in the regions for standalone and who is experienced in mixed use developments; leading ten or more developments and working on twenty plus developments; outside affordable experience, with priority given to urban and mixed-use developments.
This individual is expected to act in a proactive and supportive manner and must set the tone for the division, must also be a strong operator of projects, enjoys the development process, and can interface well with the projects, project management functions and field supervision. He/she must be able to demonstrate the ability to build out a successful and thriving development/Real Estate Division with technology and standard operating procedures, along with the capability to train, mentor and develop talents within the division. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the pre-development process which includes, but is not limited to, market and site identification, contract negotiations, zoning / rezoning, deal structuring and underwriting, relationship building / management with both internal and external partners, etc.
- Evaluate and establish project objectives to maximize the use of the property and the return on investment.
- Working with in-house staff, develop, evaluate and refine the project pro forma and determine market and financial feasibility.
- Facilitate, support and monitor the Leasing effort to ensure that project development and financial objectives are satisfied.
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis the timing of each prospective development and determine which projects should receive maximum attention, based upon the potential profitability of each project at any point in time.
- Prepare and submit financing packages including: Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, Tax Exempt Bond, HOME, FHLB / AHP grants, construction and permanent financing, and equity syndication or other appropriate funding sources.
- Successfully execute development plans to achieve target returns for each development project.
FEASIBILITY, PLANNING AND DESIGN:
- Review and analyze projects throughout the southeast (initially) with similar characteristics to determine and improve upon the key components of a successful development.
- Evaluate design alternatives, reviewing options with appropriate Leasing and Development staff.
- Evaluate and identify the appropriate consultants for each project through networking and solicitations for proposals. Supervise and guide design consultants and engineers from conceptual drawings through construction documents, including consulting contract negotiations.
- Manage the process of determining required entitlements and obtaining all related approvals.
- Develop relationships with key political figures, including City Council, Design Review Board, Planning Commission, etc. Serve on committees or regularly attend all committee meetings for groups having jurisdiction or influence on applicable projects.
- Make presentations to Design Review Boards, Planning Commissions, City Councils and community groups.
- Facilitate evaluation of the project design by in-house Property Management and Operations to ensure that the interests of each group are satisfied, progressing through the development process as key milestones (entitlements, pre-leasing, financing, etc.) are achieved and approval is obtained to proceed.
- Establish, monitor and drive the project schedule to meet specified goals.
- Interface with in-house Construction personnel from concept studies through bid documents, performing ongoing cost analyses to accurately determine the project cost and identify the most cost-efficient construction means, materials and methods and the related schedule.
- Supervise and approve all design decisions to maximize the physical and aesthetic quality and overall effectiveness of the project, while minimizing cost.
- Facilitate and monitor tenant design and construction effort to ensure that the project development and design objectives are satisfied.
- Maintain and enhance professional skills, abilities and relationships in the multi-family, office, hotel and retail industries.
- Engage General Counsel on matters pertaining to the Disposition and Development Agreement, Redevelopment Plan and other related contracts
- Works in a safe manner and actively encourages others to do the same.
- Manage two or more team members and other cross-functional teams, and multiple consultants.
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Determine the day-to-day and long-term goals and objectives of the team
- Prepares Annual Evaluations and provides recommendations for Salary and Bonuses as needed.
- Board of Directors
- Director of Operations
- General Counsel
- Vice President – Construction
- Vice President – Human Resources
- Other Leaders inside and outside the Organization
- Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent;
- 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Urban Planning, Business or related field.
- Must understand principles of real estate development, design, finance and construction.
- Experience in development of significant real estate projects greater than 100,000 sq. ft. in size and/or $35M in total costs, with preference for experience in mixed-use and multi-family.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Real Estate Broker’s License
- Certified Commercial Investment Manager and Certified Housing Finance Development Professional helpful.
- Effective presentation skills
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, E-Mail and Internet navigation.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; and effectively communicates changes to relevant stakeholders.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Regional Vice President, Business Development – New Build
Our client was founded in 2015 by a diverse group of leaders from technology, design, manufacturing, real estate and construction, to revolutionize the global building industry. Today, they rank as one of the top 25 multifamily general contractors in the United States. They are a vertically integrated platform that combines design, manufacturing, materials sourcing, logistics, quality assurance and construction into a single solution. With this unparalleled end-to-end capability, our client delivers projects faster, with superior quality, less waste, and lower operating costs than ever before. The company is growing rapidly with more than 1000 employees, offices in four countries, a growing number of manufacturing facilities, and dozens of active projects.
Based in Atlanta, GA, the Regional Vice President of Business Development- New Build, will lead the generation of new business with major institutional owners and developers of multifamily real estate, with an emphasis on “new build” or ground-up projects. The Regional Vice President will target major multifamily developers to retain our client to build their next project as a design/ build execution utilizing the company’s construction and architecture teams as a complete turn-key development solution. The Regional Vice President will focus his/her business development efforts on the East coast region. They will identify and develop unique selling propositions and differentiators as they target potential clients, and the decision makers within the potential client’s organization. They will also research and build relationships with new clients, set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders and develop specific proposals. The Regional Vice President will promote the company’s products and services while addressing or predicting each clients’ strategic objectives.
The Regional Vice President will utilize his/her existing relationships with owners/developers of institutional multifamily real estate throughout the East coast to secure new business. The Regional Vice President will also coordinate and/or assist the program management division on new business generation activities with existing clients. The initial focus will be targeted to multifamily (including student, senior and affordable housing) but will soon expand to other classes such as hospitality and industrial.
- Represent our client to institutional and major private or public apartment owners and developers and facilitate relationship development, lead generation and execution of assignments for these clients
- Lead the effort to sell to potential clients by tapping into his/her industry relationships/rolodex
- Identify and develop new relationships with potential clients
- Arrange and participate in client meetings
- Set geographic and client based growth strategies and ensure they are met or exceeded
- Prepare and present progress reports to the VP, Sales and other senior managers upon request
- Harness the firm’s resources as key assets toward branding and business development
- Attend select industry conferences and meetings
- Present new products and services and enhance existing client relationships
- Proactively work with internal colleagues to meet and exceed client (and potential client) needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate or related field such as construction, architecture or developm MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in multi-family real estate development, construction, investment sales or architecture/design
- Technical knowledge in multifamily development, construction or design
- Strong, proven sales skills combined with emotional intelligence and sophistication
- Existing relationships and credibility with institutional multifamily industry executives
- Outstanding leadership, process management, communication and planning skills
- Ability to work autonomously, asking for help when needed
- Excellent presentation and closing abilities
- Exceptional work ethic and result orientation
- Outstanding promotional, business and relationship development skills
- Strong track record in achieving financial goals, budgeting, expense management and leveraging resources effectively
- Experience in a diverse set of geographic markets on the East coast is preferred
- Travel as necessary
Construction Project Manager
New York, NY
Our client is a highly respected and rapidly growing Construction Management and General Contracting firm specializing in commercial interiors throughout the United States. Due to this rapid growth and steadily increasing stream of business from their Fortune 500 clients, they’ve retained us to identify several proven Project Managers.
They’ve just started several large and prestigious projects and thus have an increased demand for proven and passionate Construction Project Managers who are ready to contribute their talents and expertise to an environment that rewards hard work, cooperation and respect.
The company is a very progressive and client focused firm committed to exploring, refining and implementing a wide array of cutting-edge technologies and business practices to optimize the services offered to their clients. They demand excellence and reward performance, allowing their team to grow both personally and professionally.
This Project Manager will be the key figure of their project team and is responsible for the overall success of a project. They will monitor compliance of contract documents and maintain project schedules by leading client/ design team meetings. Project Managers prepare monthly requisitions as well as deliver final contract documents and As-Builds. A candidate for this position should possess excellent leadership skills, have the ability to successfully set, observe and re-evaluate project priorities frequently.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Estimating Department award schedule for trades during pre-construction.
- Ensure Certificates of Insurance are in place.
- Forecast and track the amount of labor, managerial and material costs necessary to complete a project.
- Coordinate both in-house and building kick-off meeting.
- Perform project status reviews by monitoring project schedule, submittal/RFI logs and open items.
- Hold regular status meetings with project team as well as manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Handle project delays.
- Resolve scope discrepancies.
- Review and submit Change Orders to client.
- Analyze and manage project budget, profitability, revenue and margins.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor receivables for project as well as subcontractor pay schedule.
- Resolve subcontractor claims during subcontractor close-out period
- Ensure punch list completion and Department of Buildings sign off
- Organize and deliver project close-out/As-Built documents
- Identify business development
- Five-year minimum experience as Project Manager in interior, high-end commercial general contracting.
- Must have strong client relations skills and a collaborative disposition.
- Good leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required.
- Solid facilitation skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading commercial construction plans and specifications.
- 10-Hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health Certificate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Timberline.
Construction/ Development Associate
Our client is a fully integrated real estate investment firm providing first-class investment services, as a Registered Investment Advisor, in office markets throughout the Eastern United States. They believe in superior results through specialization and therefore focus on a single asset class (office), a single segment of the risk spectrum (value-added), and a specific geography (the Eastern United States). Their goal is to consistently generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for our clients through a variety of skills including creative acquisitions, “hands on” asset management, entrepreneurial repositionings, and timely dispositions. They typically focus on traditional, controlling investments both with and without local operating partners.
The Construction Development Associate will support members of the construction/development staff, the chief operating officer, and others by performing a range of administrative to highly technical tasks related to planning, design, permitting/approval, and construction of various capital improvement projects, including tenant improvements, building improvements, major building renovations and ground up development projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Preparing, monitoring and updating schedules and budgets for various projects to facilitate project management.
- Coordination of project/property information with relevant internal and external parties.
- Preparing summary and detailed scopes of work for various contemplated projects and coordinating budget development for construction of those projects.
- Preparation of scopes of work for investigation, planning and design services related to tenant improvement, capital improvement, and other construction projects, solicitation of pricing for such work and preparation and administration of contracts for performance of such work.
- Research of municipal and regulatory codes to identify permit/approval requirements and the process/deliverable for achievement of permits/approvals. Development of schedule, budget and required scopes of work to obtain permits/approvals and implementation/management of the permit/approval process.
- Coordination and collaborative development of scopes, budgets and schedules for construction projects with others within the company including acquisition/asset management analysts/associates and property management/operations staff.
- Coordination of requests for payment on various planning, design and construction related contracts.
- On occasion, serve as project manager for certain tenant improvement, capital improvement or other construction projects, including attendance at on site project meetings.
- Perform and assist various due diligence tasks during both acquisition and disposition of various fund investments.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field with strong record of academic success.
- 1-3 years of similar experience in planning, design, construction, or project management fields.
- Proficiency with project/construction scheduling software, job budgeting / costing software and Excel
- Must be a self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to proactively recognize, investigate, and communicate all issues.
- Very driven, hard-working, and results-oriented individual.
Vice President of Construction
New York/ New Jersey
Our client is a large private equity firm with over 10M SF of office and retail properties. With more than 100 properties, and growing, our client is well situated for continued steady growth. The company offers an attractive and stable work environment as evidenced by a very long tenured team of senior executives.
We have been retained to fill the position of Vice President of Construction. Our ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience with both new projects and renovations of existing office and retail assets. This person will manage a team of 10 and will also work closely with leasing, finance and institutional investors. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail is imperative for the success of the selected candidate. Candidate will need to manage multiple large-scale capital improvement projects while not interrupting day to day operations at the properties.
Crown Advisors is a national executive search firm exclusive to the real estate industry. We have been retained by an extremely well-capitalized, privately held, owner and operator of community, power and grocery-anchored shopping centers throughout the country. Our client has over 18 million square feet of retail space. They are actively seeking to expand their portfolio and acquire market- dominant shopping centers. Many of their properties are concentrated in densely populated sub- markets and anchored by best-in-class retailers.
Under direction of the VP of Development, this position will manage the entire planning, entitlement, development and construction processes on assigned projects in the portfolio with a view towards best in-class application of placemaking and architectural design, brand positioning, and differentiated but disciplined and reliable construction delivery methods and techniques.
- Integrate internal and external resources for the end-to-end, development/redevelopment from conceptual design through project delivery, final punch list, and tenant coordination. Ensure communication and effective relationship management with clients, suppliers, contractors, vendors, engineers, and municipal representatives, achieving optimal alignment and outcomes of assigned projects.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, County, and City regulatory agency requirem
- Provide routine weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting and as needed updates to senior leadership.
- Personally, exhibit an inspiring passion for continuous learning.
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a strong preference for degree in relevant, related field such as Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Managemen
- At least 5 years of project level experience which includes a track record of successful development and construction of retail and mixed-use project
- Multi-market, end-to-end project management experience in retail and mixed-use product classes with depth in delivery aspects of ground-up development and redevelopm
- A proven track record of creating, leading, and championing a quality assurance culture across development and redevelopments project
- Experience across the full spectrum of development activities from underwriting, financing, and acquisition, to concept and design planning, to pre-development, pre-construction, construction completion, lease-up, and tenant coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple projects and markets, simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment to drive development/redevelopment project activities to successful completion.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication Strength in managing multiple outside parties on multiple projects will be critical.
- Strong technical acumen in design and construction delivery; exceptional project management skills; sensitivity to architectural excellence and enduring placemaking; clear decision-making and collaborative partnering.
- Self-starter with excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Strong strategic mind; creativity, foresight, and self-awareness and judgment in anticipating and solving complex real estate development i
- Maintain exceptionally high expectations and exert effort to surpass go
- Highly energetic and committed; excited to be part of the early stages of a growing platform.
- Driven, bias for smart action. Efficient and organiz
- Honest, open and genuin Possesses the highest personal and professional integrity.
- Low ego; willing to take on responsibilities that come with being part of a lean organization.
- Ability to develop relationships based on trust, confidence and respect with team members.
Chief Operating Officer
Our client is one of the largest privately-held owners of office and industrial buildings in the Carolinas. They have developed and acquired office and industrial buildings throughout North and South Carolina for more than 25 years. Today, they lease, own or manage more than 8M SF of property.
The COO will report to the Managing Partner. Along with other key executives, the COO will play a critical leadership role for our client and affiliated entities.
The COO’s primary responsibility will be to dynamically lead and direct the Property Management, Construction Management, Leasing, Marketing, Human Resources and IT functions with additional oversight for the receptionist and all administrative support roles. The COO and the functional areas under supervision must provide best in market support to the Investment team (as well as to Finance/Accounting). The COO must also drive outstanding financial results that meet the shareholders’ vision and goals.
The COO must take the current platform and provide innovative ideas to improve execution and effectiveness to add value overall. Hiring and retaining the very best talent, creating a positive and healthy culture, driving best in market results with innovative and creative solutions will be essential keys to success as will leading (or co-leading) efforts that yield significant community impact.
- Oversee Leasing, Property Management and Maintenance, Construction Management, Marketing and Human Resources.
- Create a strong collaborative and team-based environment where employees are respected and appreciated; where the company values are consistently upheld and lived out; and where open and healthy communication exists always. The COO will train, coach and guide all team members as well as lead the recruitment and hiring process. While not supervising all company team members, the COO must provide day to day leadership presence bridging across all functional disciplines in the company.
- Be a thought leader for the company and take initiative to address how to enhance the team members’ experiences, support families better, drive stronger results, have greater community impact, improve the operating platform, enhance the internal and external credibility, etc.
- Drive growth in revenues and profitability. The COO will be charged with growing the profitability of service operations. This includes identifying additional sources of revenue that do not take away from property level support and results for the clients’ assets, as well as taking responsibility for enhancing existing revenues, streamlining expenses, ensuring that our client is pricing services correctly, etc.
- Manage the budget annually including preparation, monthly monitoring, and year end planning for all revenue and expense items.
- Be a leader in the community. Engage in leadership roles in community/charitable organizations as well as leadership in industry organizations.
- Organize and lead company communication and events.
- Provide or use team members to provide assistance to any transaction team on acquisition/disposition, new development, due diligence, closing support, and other projects as needed.
- Oversee all aspects of customer service to deliver a best in class tenant and vendor experience. Build upon a solid reputation by continuing to exceed stakeholder expectations. Use empirical data to measure and be innovative and creative in strengthening these relationships.
- Work closely with shareholders and the CFO on all matters pertaining to reporting, compliance, and any associated documentation. Working closely with the Managing Partner, help drive the strategic planning process.
CRITICAL CHARACTER TRAITS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Only individuals with the highest personal character will be considered. High integrity, a desire to pursue excellence, a strong work ethic, optimism, a strong desire to serve others, and a commitment to doing business in the right way are prerequisites for consideration.
- An ideal candidate would have significant years of experience in the real estate industry having served successfully in a leasing role and having supervised a full-service operations team. Leadership experience is essential. Project management, problem solving, decisiveness, initiative and presentation skills are critical skills required as well.
- This role will require analytical skills to work with the future CIO and deal producers to evaluate how the operations team can add value to assets and create the desired returns as well as how to fully underwrite risks associated with a project.
- The COO will need to have proficiency with a number of software programs and applications currently in use. This role will oversee the IT function and be responsible for developing/identifying new software solutions and ensuring proper installation and training.
Executive Vice President / Chief Operating Officer
Founded in 1910, the Atlanta Commercial Board of REALTORS® (ACBR) has been an instrumental factor in the growth of organized real estate in the state of Georgia for over a century. Today, ACBR is one of the largest commercial REALTOR® associations in the nation with over 2,300 members. The ACBR is a professional trade association which exists to enhance the business opportunities of its members through access to pertinent real estate information, education, recognition, ethics, legislative advocacy and networking. The REALTOR® membership represents a cross section of the commercial real estate industry including brokers, appraisers, property managers, developers, owners and consultants. Another strong membership component, ACBR’s Affiliate members include mortgage bankers, title companies, law firms, engineering companies, environmental consultants, and more.
ACBR is managed and operated by Asset Management & Association Services (AMAS), a full service association management company specifically focused on REALTOR Associations. AMAS currently has 29 employees, oversees 8 associations consisting of 12,000 members and manages the Georgia Institute of Real Estate (GIRE), a full service real estate school. We are looking for a polished business professional to manage the day-to-day office operations for the ACBR. The EVP/COO will also provide assistance for other Association operations, i.e. Atlanta REALTORS Association, Atlanta REALTORS Center and the Georgia Institute of Real Estate.
The position leads the voice for the Atlanta commercial real estate industry. Every national industry organization is represented in the ACBR, making it the pre-eminent industry organization locally and nationally. The ideal candidate will be authentic, dynamic and assertive, yet humble and differential. The position requires nimbleness, a supportive attitude, an innate passion and drive with a high level of emotional intelligence.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Leadership – Servant-leader style. Strong staff management skills.
- Credibility – Polished professional. Seen as a peer by the ACBR members.
- Communication – Strong verbal and written communications skills and a distinctive presence.
- Industry knowledge – Basis of understanding of commercial real estate and knowledge of the top Atlanta leaders within the industry.
- Political savviness – Local, State, National Association of REALTORS exposure a plus.
- Association (501c6) knowledge – Business management, experience in 501c6 organizations also a plus.
- Must have at least 10-years of office/business experience, possess good people skills and leadership abilities as well as great team spirit.
- Strong technology background and proficiency in Google applications, MS Office, as well as overall technological adeptness.
- Must be multi-task oriented and able to maintain a positive attitude despite the many tasks at hand and comfortable with multi-tasked management.
- Ability to make decisions regarding routine Board matters.
- Knowledge of budget and financial management.
- Must exhibit leadership, vision, customer service, and excellent communication skills.
- Someone who is enthusiastic, diplomatic and confident.
- Strong experience in meeting management and member relations are necessary.
- Proven leadership experience, strong management skills, and political acumen.
- Must be an energetic worker, strategic thinker, leader, organizer, administrator, manager and communicator.
- Association management experience and knowledge of the commercial real estate industry is preferred, but not required.
- Must have the ability to think strategically, as well as multi-task between the numerous real estate associations we manage, including our Real Estate School and our 40K SF building we own and occupy.
- Ability to work well within a 29-member staff team and hundreds of volunteers.
- Overnight travel to regional, state, and national meetings will be required throughout the year.
- College degree is required.
- Oversee all ACBR Board events and initiatives.
- Attend ACBR Board of Directors Meetings, in addition to ACBR Committee Meetings, SIOR Meetings and the Young Council of REALTORS (as needed):
- Review and approve minutes, which will be sent to the Board of Directors monthly meetings for approval.
- Coordinate, schedule, plan meetings, and calendar of events, including Fundraisers, Golf Tournaments, BrokerFest and Million-Dollar Club, etc.
- Communicate with all the committee chairmen regarding action determined by the respective committee.
- Interact with the committee members regularly.
- Provide direction and assist creating/ coordinating any promotional materials of all upcoming events.
- Work with an energized, engaged volunteer membership and lead the organization to enhance the public’s perception of the industry. Personal characteristics such as vision, excellent judgment, high integrity, principled decision-making and a commitment to teamwork are necessary.
- Assist members daily with any questions about upcoming events, membership, or any additional Commercial Board related information: Provide information about additional member benefits, i.e.; Free CE Course, Forms, Monthly Education Seminar, Expert Series, etc.
- Communicate with Web/Communications Director & Art/Graphics Director and provide updates needed for the Commercial Board website.
Senior Vice President of Multifamily Acquisitions
Our client, together with its affiliates, is a value oriented real estate investment company seeking to invest at all level of the capital structure in real estate debt, equity and securities. The firm’s discretionary capital, together with its strong internal operational and management capabilities, enhances its ability to react quickly and take advantage of pricing disparities that exist in the market.
This person will be expected to analyze and structure new transactions and present them to senior management and investment committee, with his/her recommendations. This person will be a key component of the acquisitions and underwriting group and will be expected to provide leadership and insight, and take an active role in the ongoing development of the underwriting policies and procedures.
Senior Vice President, East Coast Retail Leasing
Founded in 1984, our client is a comprehensive real estate firm headquartered in Washington, DC with a full-service office in Beverly Hills, CA. They have developed a $1 billion portfolio comprised of 44 properties totaling 5 million square feet with an active development pipeline more than $1 billion.
They specialize in the acquisition, development, redevelopment, and value enhancement of shopping centers and mixed-use properties. The company takes a long-term, conservative approach to real estate ownership and development actively seeking new projects in their core markets of Washington, DC and Southern California.
The Senior Vice President, East Coast Leasing (SVP), reporting to the President/CEO, is responsible for directing all facets of retail leasing, including management of East Coast leasing staff, and working closely with operational department heads (Development, Acquisitions, Construction, Property Management, Asset Management, Legal, Finance) to maintain high occupancy, upgrade tenant mix, provide market lease rate and budget leasing assumption information, meet or exceed budgeted leasing expectations and raise the profile of the company within the industry. The SVP will be a material participant in East Coast growth and value enhancement efforts by utilizing tenant and broker relationships to identify new acquisition and development opportunities, providing essential market leasing information in support of growth activity and procuring new anchor tenant lease deals for existing portfolio, redevelopment and new development projects on the East Coast. The SVP will develop and maintain relationships with retailers and brokers and be the in-house expert regarding all facets of leasing within the Washington, DC metropolitan market.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Business Administration, Finance and/or Real Estate. MBA preferred.
A significant number of years’ experience in retail leasing is required. Must possess a thorough understanding of the entire leasing process and be familiar with the portfolio, trade areas, new and existing tenants, market trends and new developments in the region. Excellent relationships with other real estate professionals (tenants, landlords, brokers, etc.) in the region is a must. Demonstrated (i) ability to foster and maintain a viable network of contacts in the industry in order to procure new lease deals for the portfolio and (ii) track record of closing lease deals (including with anchor tenants and specifically with grocery store tenants), building and motivating an effective leasing team, achieving and maintaining high occupancy levels, and devising creative solutions for leasing in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Must possess strong negotiation, communication, leadership, motivational, and sales skills, be creative and an outstanding problem solver, and have expert knowledge of retail leases. Must be organized in order to track lease expirations and other essential lease/tenant related data (e.g., sales, accounts receivable, etc.) necessary for success. Must have the ability to think “outside the box” and develop creative solutions for evolving market and industry conditions. Computer literacy required to include a working knowledge of standard business software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).