Crown Advisors represents the real estate industry’s most sought after companies and positions including senior executives. Our clients trust us to find top quality candidates and we continually add new real estate, construction, and related opportunities to our list of active searches.
Regional Vice President, Operations
El Paso, TX
Our client is one of the largest affordable property management companies in the country, with over 37,000 units under management in 17 states.
This position has overall responsibility for the performance and operation of communities and staff in an assigned portfolio averaging 6,000 units. This position will also be responsible for fostering and maintaining a positive relationship between the company and the owner(s) of each of the communities for which he/she has responsibility. The Regional Vice President typically oversees Regional Managers and Area Mangers in the assigned portfolio. He/she is also responsible for maximizing the potential of the communities within his/her region and for assisting in new business development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and assist Regional and Area Managers in overall management of all communities within the assigned portfolio.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating Regional/Area Managers within assigned portfolio.
- Build strong on-site management teams and Regional/Area Managers through constant coaching and motivation.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and delinquency management plans.
- Work with owners to identify long term property goals and objectives.
- Maintain an effective and consistent program of personal contact (at least weekly) with clients to ensure that daily management of their property is in accordance with their needs, goals, objectives, and direction.
- Identify and analyze issues within portfolio and develop and implement decisions that help the assigned communities achieve the owner’s objectives and that are consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Present yearly financial budgets with the assistance of Regional/Area Managers.
- Effectively disseminate all information and instructions necessary for Regional/Area Managers and the communities to perform their work.
- Monitor achievement of each property against financial objectives utilizing the review of monthly owners’ reports, bi-monthly inspections, and weekly operating reports. Work with Regional/Area Managers to correct unfavorable variances and improve NOI.
- Perform final review of monthly financial statements in a timely manner before sending to clients.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Ten or more years in property/real estate management required.
- Seven or more years in management positions required.
- Knowledge of LIHTC and HUD regulations, previous experience with affordable housing.
- Knowledge of Yardi software.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable industry experience required.
- Previous experience with managing housing authority units.
- HCCP or comparable tax credit housing certification required.
- Moderate Real Estate and Management training experience required.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to understand all aspects of the financial responsibilities of budgeting, reporting, and expense control.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management, as well as with the public, clients, potential clients, and outside vendors.
- Strong negotiation skills including ability to resolve conflict appropriately and effectively resolve problems.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
Managing Director, Real Estate Acquisitions
Our client is one of the largest and most successful lodging companies in the world. They currently franchise more than 7,000 hotels representing more than 570,000 rooms in more than 40 countries and territories. Ranging from limited service to full-service hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy segments, their properties provide business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality, high-value lodging options throughout the United States and around the world.
We are looking for a team-oriented professional with extensive experience in real estate acquisitions, both land for development and existing commercial real estate buildings for adaptive re-use. Experience managing acquisitions in the lodging industry strongly preferred, but open to all commercial real estate acquisition backgrounds. This position will join the Real Estate Investment and Asset Management (“REIAM”) team and will be focused on the oversight of a team of real estate acquisition professionals located both in their HQ and remotely. This team will source and execute the acquisition of land and existing commercial buildings that will be developed into a few different hotel brands. This role will be critical in executing our client’s strategy to position its branded hotels as outstanding value creators for its owners and development partners. Our client has committed a significant amount of capital and resources into insuring its brands continue to grow and gain market share in a competitive market landscape.
This role will oversee a team of Real Estate Acquisition Directors whose primary role will be to source, evaluate, underwrite, negotiate, and close on real estate opportunities that will fit one of the several strategies our client is currently deploying. These real estate opportunities will usually take the form of raw land, land with a current obsolescent use, or an existing building appropriate for adaptive re-use. This position will be responsible for insuring all regions and uses are being served and that the pipeline of opportunities for each brand is full. The role requires proven ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with cross-functional teams and external partners, a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work efficiently with senior executives, deep subject matter expertise in real estate acquisitions, deep subject matter expertise in real estate land valuation, and the ability to lead a high functioning team. The role will be responsible for:
- In collaboration with REIAM leadership, review and refine the acquisitions strategy for the brands served
- Leadership, management, coaching, etc. of all Real Estate Acquisitions Directors
- Front end review of potential site acquisitions
- Oversight of initial underwriting and valuation of land or buildings
- Issuing term sheets and LOIs
- Negotiating LOI and term sheet terms and conditions
- Tracking contractual milestones and communicating across the organization
- Assisting in the oversight of land site due diligence
- Reviewing predevelopment, development, and construction budgets
- Review of market specific entitlement requirements
- Relationship management with brokerage community
- In collaboration with the sales organization, present development opportunities to potential partners and developers
- Monitoring markets/submarkets (demographics, supply and demand, demand drivers, recent transactions etc.)
- Completing periodic market visits
- Close collaboration with the Brand, Franchise Sales, Finance, and Legal groups.
- Financial acumen
- Manages complexity
- Balances stakeholders
- Strategic mindset
- Action oriented
- Optimizes work processes
- Builds networks
- Builds and leads effective teams
- Drives vision and purpose
- Being resilient
The REIAM team is responsible for all segments of the real estate life cycle: acquisitions, capital structuring, underwriting, negotiations, internal approvals, documentation, deployment, asset management, capital recycling and workouts. Our client manages global capital deployment to fuel the growth of select brands.
WHO YOU WILL BE:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in real estate, preferably in the hotel sector, with a strong preference for prior land acquisitions, development, and investment experience
- Experience in real estate transaction structuring and understanding of real estate risk management
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of high performers, comfortable as a servant leader who can hold teams accountable
- Demonstrated success operating in a collaborative team environment
- Strong financial background and experience, including creating basic financial models
- Business-driven, results-oriented team player
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving mindset
- Targeted travel will range from 30% – 50%
Chief Investment Officer / Investment Partner
Our client is a highly entrepreneurial investment firm that was founded to bring the institutional investment process and discipline to the workforce housing space . They are committed to one asset class; one geography; and pure data and research driven investment analytics.
We’ve been engaged to find an Investment Partner / CIO who will bring significant horsepower in multi-family investment. They will have at least 15 years’ experience in the acquisition and development of multifamily communities. They will lead and execute investment strategies; and help source and develop relationships with capital sources and operating partners.
- 15+ years real estate investment experience – a partner-level executive that brings investment acumen, deal flow, and operating and capital relationships.
- The ability to build a great investment business; and generate exceptional returns through a focused vision and strategy.
- Dedicated background in the multifamily space – ideally focused on workforce communities.
- Acquisition and development experience.
- Based in Texas.
- Cultural fit is critical. Key attributes include a low-ego, entrepreneurial, innovative culture. An underlying attitude that if you put people first, everyone wins; and a passion and desire to support the creation of better communities and cities.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills; with the ability to monitor processes and prioritize objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; with the ability to communicate ideas, issues, and quantitative analysis clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
- A strong work ethic and ability to meet critical deadlines.
This is an outstanding ground floor opportunity to join a small band of dedicated real estate professionals in executing a two-pronged investment strategy generating superior returns while adding significant value to the housing markets.
Our client is a privately held, fully integrated real estate development and investment company based in the Washington DC metro area. The company was established over 80 years ago and focuses on high quality mixed-use and residential projects. They’ve completed over $3 billion in real estate transactions and developed over 10,000 apartments/homes.
Our client is searching for a Development Associate to join our growing team. The Development Associate will be involved in every aspect of the development process with a focus on the transactional side of the business, particularly analyzing potential development and acquisitions opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct due diligence, underwriting, financial modeling and overall project finance.
- Assist in acquiring and entitling multifamily development sites, developable into Class A and AA communities in suburban and urban locations.
- Perform the initial screening of development opportunities to determine if they fit with the company’s objectives, with a focus on the Mid-Atlantic region (Maryland, Pennsylvania, Northern Virginia).
- Analyze transactions to ensure fit with investment criteria. Prepare investment summaries.
- Provide full transaction due diligence, including cash-flow analysis (IRR, cash-on-cash, waterfalls, draw schedules, debt sizing), site inspections, and sales projections.
- Facilitate financing for construction and permanent loans including preparation of debt books, negotiations with banks, coordination with outside consultants and review of loan documents.
- Oversee and monitor current and future investments as required. Update financial projections throughout project duration. Reconcile project costs against development budgets, maintain development models for existing projects, report on project performance.
- Write term sheets for new acquisitions, financings and equity partners, if any.
- Review term sheets, loan documents and operating agreements to ensure that they reflect the correct business terms; monitor for compliance.
- Correspond with third parties (brokers, lenders, consultants, etc.).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of two to five years of experience.
- Excellent financial modeling, writing and presentation skills; effective negotiation skills.
- Skilled in real estate underwriting and financial analysis; development is a plus.
- Ability to understand the investment risks and methods to mitigate the risks in structuring investments.
- Excellent due diligence, analytical, negotiating, structuring and financial skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and work independently with minimal guidance.
- Capable of successfully integrating within client’s culture.
- Team player, comfortable working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in addition to being team oriented.
- Strong desire to pursue a long-term career in real estate.
- Proficient in Excel.
- College degree required from a top school.
Vice President of Acquisition and Development
Our client is a privately held, fully integrated real estate development and investment company based in the Washington DC metro area. The company was established over 80 years ago and focuses on high quality mixed-use and residential projects. They’ve completed over $3 billion in real estate transactions and developed over 10,000 apartments/homes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary corporate responsibility for the identification of land acquisition opportunities in designated geographic markets in Mid-Atlantic region (Maryland, Pennsylvania, Northern Virginia, New Jersey). Land categories include: Multifamily (Class A and AA apartments); Suburban master-planned communities (100 to 250 acres) and Urban mixed use
- Access municipal planning officials, landowners, broker network
- Negotiate land acquisitions on behalf of the client
- Spearhead land entitlement and municipal development approval process through building permits
- Participate in the design (architectural and engineering) of new multifamily product in conjunction with corporate development and construction teams
- Identify existing apartment communities with value added opportunities in designated Mid-Atlantic geographic markets
- Report to President/ CEO
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Academic: College degree required; MBA or graduate degree with real estate concentration desirable
- Minimum of four to six years acquisitions and development experience with a developer of Class A/ AA apartment communities
- Must demonstrate superior multifamily land acquisition skills and recent experience (specifically Maryland); must have acquired multifamily land in multiple markets within the past 24 months
- Must be able to evaluate market criteria and define acquisition opportunities based on these criteria
- Has successfully led multi-task process of land entitlement and development through municipal approval process: Coordinate third party allied professionals i.e. land use and real estate attorneys, architects, civil and other engineers, market analysts, government officials and coordinate corporate feasibility analysis i.e. financial proformas
CHARACTERISTICS AND TRAITS:
- Must thrive on working independently on identifying land/ real estate acquisition opportunities with self-initiative and rigor
- Must be relentlessly tenacious, tempered with a positive, friendly attitude
- Must be innovative and be able to think “outside of the box”
- Must be proactive in establishing the right contacts in each market to identify new acquisition opportunities before they reach the market
- Must be polished, articulate with the “gift of gab” essential for networking opportunities
- Must be a dynamic team player
Our client is a full-service brokerage company exclusively selling luxury residential properties on a tranquil sea island along the South Carolina coastline. Over the last 40 years, our client has demonstrated its deep commitment to environmental stewardship and the sustainable development of its 10,000 acres in the heart of the Lowcountry.
The President will be responsible for the overall sales management for the Company. The position will lead the sales force to deliver the highest level of service and achieve sales and profit goals; train, monitor, hire and motivate staff; plan, recommend, and implement both short and long term approved programs targeted towards existing and new markets; define the products that are needed to meet market demands; assist builders and parcel developers in achieving optimum success; coordinate with the marketing team’s efforts to establish new programs to increase sales; analyze the effectiveness of marketing efforts through tracking programs; implement plans for enhancing customer service programs; achieve satisfactory profit and loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards; approve all listings, sales contracts and referral agreements; arbitrate commission disputes between agents; and handle any issues that arise with clients when necessary. In accomplishing these responsibilities, this position requires a person that can earn the respect of the sales agents, motivate them to accomplish the company goals, and interface with the property owners.
- Executive level leadership skills, polish, and presentation
- Proven track record of managing individuals in a production role
- Familiarity with the luxury residential real estate market in the Southeast
President/ Head of Property Management (Multifamily)
Our client is a top 10 private developer, investor, operator of affordable multifamily real estate with a 20K unit portfolio located across 17 states. Financially strong, supported by a public REIT and nationally recognized high net worth real estate families
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES AND POSITION OBJECTIVES:
The President is directly responsible for the profitability, day-to-day management oversight and growth of the client’s portfolio of 20,000+ units in 17 states. This position will be responsible for leading a multi-family fee management property management organization. As the portfolio grows, the President will be prepared to take on additional portfolio assignments as they occur and to continue to provide strong leadership to a growing organization. The President will be expected to grow the contributed EBITDA of the management platform.
- Includes working with division/department leaders to manage the details of operating and improving the multi-family portfolio. Lead, supervise, and direct all multi-family operations. Clearly communicate and properly follow-up on all company initiatives and issues
- Contribute to the overall growth strategy and success of the organization. Person must possess the ability to identify and prioritize objectives and, more importantly, have the capability to effectively implement them
- Ensures that the Company’s short term and long-term goals and budgets are met
- Works as a part of the leadership team to develop and deliver departmental goals, objectives and systems
- Presents financial information and status of strategic outcomes of Company activities to
Board of Directors
- Responsible for client satisfaction with the management of client’s assets. In order to achieve the highest degree of success for the Company’s clients, the President will work with Operations leadership to sustain a culture of performance, accountability and high business standards
- Generally, understand clients’ requirements and formulate plans to assist Operations leadership and the client in achieving their goals
- Maintain productive and frequent communication with clients
- Be able to effectively develop and empower direct reports to work independently and effectively with clients.
- Ability to supervise, negotiate, understand and comply with management agreement terms
- Can quickly assess situations and make timely business decisions
- Effectively manage through planning, prioritizing, acting and meeting deadlines
- Seek out resources and training that will improve performance and lead a culture of continuous improvement, learning and accountability
- Continuously raise the bar at all levels of the organization and always pursue improvements in direct reports and self
- Act on the Company’s behalf with the highest degree of personal character, ethics and integrity while upholding the Company’s values and will act in a consistent manner to the Company’s best interests. Lead by example by demonstrating and requiring of others professionalism, dedication and hard work
- Significant experience in multi-family property management required
- 5 or more years overseeing a successful multi-state operation required
- Bachelor’s Degree, master’s degree preferred
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY
- Comfortable with understanding of Accounting and multi-family finance
- Proven track record in the deployment and oversight of property management and operation practices in an accountable environment
- Experience managing other people. Someone who will develop people, help them clearly understand their objectives and assist them in the execution
- Encourage and supports leadership and growth in others. Team oriented, with the ability to build consensus and effective relationships in a cohesive business environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, both internally and externally
- Leading with integrity always inspiring trust and confidence through building strong relationships
Our Client is focused on the development, acquisition and management of industrial property and transportation infrastructure that enhances business and government supply chain efficiency. The company invests in major coastal and inland port logistics markets anchoring North America’s principal freight lanes. Their portfolio includes over 60 million square feet nationally.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Formulates, recommends and implements investment strategy for the region. Directs and coordinates broad activities toward achieving organizational objectives in accordance with company policies.
- Thoroughly understands the dynamics of the market that are relevant to the successful execution of the company’s strategy and the business plan for each regional investment, including market characteristics, trends and participants.
- Partners with other members of the regional team in the origination, vetting, underwriting, due diligence investigation and presentation for approval of investments to the Investment Committee and, if necessary, the Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for managing the execution of acquisition transactions by the Vice President, Investments.
- Sources quality development opportunities and provides transaction details to development team.
- Assists with the identification of real estate acquisition and disposition opportunities, utilizing networks and prospects through direct contact with tenants, property owners, brokers, developers and other real estate related professionals.
- Assists the Chief Investment Officer in preparing short and long-range plans. Ensures that budgeted goals are achieved and cost objectives are met.
- Hires and monitors efforts of brokers to assist in opportunity creation and transaction closure.
- Networks and prospects for investment and development opportunities through direct contact with the tenant, competitor, brokerage and development communities.
- Coordinates transactions including monitoring the due diligence and approval processes.
- Presents oral and written presentations of transactions before the Investment Committee, Asset Allocation Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Screens, underwrites and structures acquisition deals that meet company investment objectives.
- Ensures a smooth transition of the investment asset to property operations.
- Develops and maintains external relationships appropriate to the successful execution of the company’s strategy and the business plan for investments.
- Pursues self-development training as directed by the Chief Investment Officer.
- Effectively develops and manages staff to successfully discharge assigned responsibilities:
- Complies with performance evaluation, personnel development, and other processes established by the Human Resources department;
- Promotes the training and development of current employees;
- Participates in the establishment of strategic objectives to ensure direct alignment with department goals;
- Acts in accordance with the values of the company and observes the work principles and guidelines for communication set forth in “Who We Are.”
- Complies with all company processes and procedures.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Chief Investment Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5-15 years of established real estate transactional experience and technical commercial/industrial real estate knowledge, demonstrating superior:
- Initiative and commitment to excellence
- Extensive leasing experience
- Analytical ability and sound judgment
- Financial acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Written and oral communication ability
- Excellent organization
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships
- Ability to lead and manage others
- Absolute integrity
- Strong knowledge in industrial development
- Strong reputation with the broker community and well respected in the industry
- Comfortable with computers and proficient in standard corporate operating systems and software
- Analytical and technical proficiency in all aspects of investment acquisitions and deal making, including financial analysis, is required
- Ability to manage elevated stress levels periodically; can work under an active and intense environment
- Is physically capable of climbing structures and ladders and can survey building systems as well as face other environmental issues as they arise throughout the year
- Flexible with respect to work schedule; able to travel weekly or when needed
Our client is a full-service international industrial real estate developer, advisor and investor. Since 1998, the company has developed and acquired institutional grade industrial properties in over 48 markets across North America and Europe totaling more than 175 million square feet. From acquisition and joint ventures to construction and ongoing property management, they provide creative solutions for their customers and realize long-term value for its partners. The company possesses a depth of capital, market expertise, industry relationships, and forward-looking vision to buy and build industrial properties that meet the logistics, distribution, and manufacturing demands of evolving markets.
The Development Director will assume responsibility to manage, implement, and complete development activities. This position represents our client in all respects of the development process from site viability and market analysis through design, entitlement, construction, occupancy, and potentially building disposition. External contacts, including customers, brokers, landowners, consultants, contractors, governmental officials and staff, view the Development Director as their primary conduit to our client.
Some of the overall duties for this Development Director include either leading or assisting the Market Leader with the following activities:
- Land Analysis/Acquisition
- Property Disposition
NATURE, SCOPE & KEY COMPETENCIES:
Management of all development tasks requires specific skills and experience including:
- Market orientation
- Project management and team leadership
- Technical knowledge of architecture, various engineering disciplines and site/building construction
- Financial proficiency
- Accounting procedure and controls
- Real estate property, contract and regulatory law
The most important Key Competencies include:
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Customer Service
- Resource Management
- A leader with a strong results orientation
- Excellent negotiation skills with ability to obtain favorable terms for the company while enhancing key relationships
- Analytical thinker, complex financial acumen and attention to detail with focus on the real issues
- Intuitive, creative, market-savvy. Development Director must demonstrate capacity to recognize market trends
- Develop appropriate strategic plan and execute plan to conclusion
- Displays a balance of confidence and humility. Does not always need the spotlight
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style, which seeks the benefit of the company, and utilizes the best human resources available to accomplish that
- Relationship-builder, with excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Can command respect in an inclusive environment. Will present bad news, when appropriate, with same professionalism as good news
- Composed, even tempered. Maintains focus and demeanor which allows the Market Leader to use discretion and clarity during intense negotiations and otherwise ongoing business activities
- Demonstrated track record of integrity and honorable dealings with all parties
- Should have a reputation of one that people “want to do business with”
- Willingness to travel
Director of Capital Improvements
Our client is an old-line privately held multifamily investment firm that owns and manages apartment communities, predominately in the Western US. The company is one of the top 100 apartment owners in the country, operating 8800 units today and looking to grow significantly over the next 3 to 5 years.
The Director of Capital Improvements, based in Denver, CO will coordinate and lead capital projects across the portfolio. The Director of Capital Improvements will be an integral part of the acquisition team conducting due diligence on new acquisitions and executing value add strategy upon closing. They will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manage the creation of portfolio wide multi-year capital improvement plans for the purpose of understanding and preparing portfolio long-term budgets.
- Supervise capital improvement teams nationwide; collaborate with regional property managers on the completion of new, ongoing and reoccurring projects.
- Develop specifications for repair and modification projects as assigned (specifications, permits, project schedules, cost analysis, purchasing/bid time and construction, etc.) for the purpose of providing them to architects, contractors, specialists, construction management firms, etc. for selection and awarding contracts.
- Participate in acquisition / due diligence process including unit inspections and vendor meetings, as requested.
- Coordinate and monitor capital activities (e.g. renovations, inspections, contractor and architect meetings, permitting activities, finalizing projects, calendars, mandates reports, change orders, etc.) to ensure that all phases of capital projects are completed within company specifications and budget expectations and with minimal interruption to the site personnel.
- Evaluate existing communities’ condition for the purpose of determining necessary capital needs and asset ongoing maintenance.
- Inspect all aspects of building structures (e.g. exterior, interior, walls, electrical, roof, concrete, paint, etc.) to ensure compliance with specific plans, specifications and local codes and ordinances.
- Maintain project files and records for the purpose of providing up to date reference and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
- Familiarity with job cost systems to accumulate information on direct materials, direct labor and overhead costs.
- Prepare written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Recommend procedures and/or actions related to capital projects or asset in general to provide information and/or suggestions regarding decisions that may be necessary to improve safety procedures of the capital program and potentially mitigate community risk.
- Respond to inquiries (e.g. community team, senior management, administrative staff, local inspectors, contractors, architects, the public, etc.) and provide required information to appropriate source.
- REAC Inspection participation through pre-inspection, unit walks, and ensuring work item completions prior to inspection date. Also participate in actual REAC inspections.
- Renovation participation; coordination and scheduling general contractors and all vendors involved with unit renovation process.
- Coordinate and collaborate on scopes and walk units for completion prior to turnover to property on site team.
- Participate in weekly / monthly status calls and meetings and provides monthly status reports.
- Travel, as necessary for assigned projects. Could be as much as 50% at times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree or coursework in business or the hospitality / property management industry is beneficial.
- A minimum of three to five years of multifamily project management experience required.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Yardi and Ops Technology systems are a plus.
- Must be detail and multi-task oriented and possess strong customer service and time management skills.
- Decision-making ability and a professional image necessary.
Senior Vice President
Our client is a well-established, privately-owned REIT based in South Carolina. Over the last century, they have acquired experience in a multitude of industries including hospitality, golf, master-planned development, tourism attractions, commercial leasing and shopping center development. Their carefully developed strategic plan places a high priority on owning and managing a best-in-class portfolio of experiential retail properties in selected markets throughout the Southeast.
The Senior Vice President will lead the team responsible for the entire commercial real estate business, including all leasing, development, acquisitions, and property management functions of a portfolio that includes both single and multi-tenant retail and office properties. The team consists of 15 employees, 5 of which are direct reports to this person.
- Strategic planning
- Develop commercial business unit’s strategic plan and contribute significantly to the company’s strategic planning process.
- Deal sourcing and execution
- This includes working side by side with the team on acquisition opportunities in addition to development and leasing deals. This person will oversee the team doing the underwriting and execution and ultimately be responsible for every deal. This person will need to have a track record of cradle to grave execution, including total responsibility for purchase and sale agreements, leases, operating and construction contracts.
- Team management skills
- Responsible for managing team members including establishing goals, incentive plans, etc.
- Financial acumen
- Ability to underwrite real estate transactions and evaluate various business models.
- Communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills. This person will be responsible for presenting business unit results at quarterly board meetings, regular presentations to shareholders, investors, brokers, and tenants. They will also write and present investment briefs to the Board of Directors, etc.
Managing Director, Development and Construction
Our client is one of the largest and most successful lodging companies in the world. They currently franchise more than 6,800 hotels representing more than 554,000 rooms in more than 40 countries and territories. Ranging from limited service to full-service hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy segments, their properties provide business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality, high-value lodging options throughout the United States and internationally.
This is a newly created role, working with their new, growing upscale brand. The Managing Director of Development & Construction will oversee pre-development, development, and construction from positions of owner, partner, lender, or a combination of these roles as circumstances dictate. This professional will act as an internal consultant to the Portfolio Managers (the internal customer) who will own the final P&L for each of these investments. Each Portfolio Manager will rely heavily on this professional’s expertise as it applies to technical design, construction, and development issues. The ideal person for this role will enjoy being a thought partner with the Portfolio Managers on difficult and complex issues requiring quick and thoughtful resolution.
- Oversee development partner’s execution of pre-development, development, and construction management on all non-managed joint venture assets, with a high degree of focus on design and construction related issues.
- Oversee fee developer or owner’s representative execution of pre-development, development, and construction management on all wholly owned or managed joint venture assets, with a high degree of focus on design and construction related issues.
- Oversee borrower execution of pre-development, development, and construction management on all assets acting as collateral for development and construction loans, with a high degree of focus on design and construction related issues.
- Build, lead, and develop a team of Sr. Project Managers, Project Managers, and support staff for the purpose of construction execution oversight (manager of managers) on a portfolio of 30-40 assets.
- Read, interpret, and explain to non-construction professionals, architectural drawings for construction Types I-V.
- Create high-level construction pricing models for hospitality assets using market-based research and other available resources.
- Read, comprehend, and negotiate all construction related agreements including commonly used AIA agreements (architect, general contractor, sub-contractor, etc.)
- Work as an internal consultant for Portfolio Manager who will own the final P&L for each asset, calling to their attention potential issues, options, and solutions to design and construction related concerns.
- Plans and Aligns
- Ensures Accountability
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Develops Talent
- Demonstrates Self Awareness
- Manages Ambiguity
- Subject matter expert in design oversight, construction related entitlement process, construction management, architectural, and other design consultant management, general contractor management, sub-contractor management, and commercial development processes.
- 10+ years of development and construction management experience, preferably in hospitality, and 5+ years of organizational leadership experience.
- Preferably managed the construction of select service hotels, beginning to end, with accountability for budget and schedule.
- Deep expertise in technical construction systems including earthwork, wet and dry utilities, foundations, structural, carpentry, MEP, HVAC, roofing, glazing, etc.
- Collaborative, servant leader, with strong results orientation. A clear understanding that people come first.
Multi-Family Acquisitions Officer
Our client is a dynamic real estate private equity investor with a multi-sector investment platform. The Company focuses on the acquisition and ownership of value-add multi-family, value-add office and net leased Corporate Headquarters facilities. The Company has acquired or built 4.5M SF of office, medical office, industrial, retail, and data center projects; plus 4,000 units of multi-family, condominium and assisted living properties in 37 investments. They are vertically integrated and self-manage a national portfolio of apartment properties on behalf of their institutional investors, family offices and financial institutions.
Our client is seeking a Director of Multi-Family Acquisitions who will be responsible for sourcing, acquiring, underwriting and closing numerous multi-family deals annually. The client’s culture is fast-paced and requires the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in order to meet desired growth objectives. The ideal candidate will be someone who is excited by this high-energy, entrepreneurial environment, while at the same time, exhibiting the polished demeanor of a seasoned professional with well-established relationships nationwide.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Multi-Family Acquisitions will directly source deals (on and off market) by utilizing their existing network and developing new relationships.
- Uncover emerging growth areas and source investment opportunities in markets with positive fundamentals.
- Responsible for the financial analysis of each potential acquisition through preparation and analysis of proforma financial models and supporting documentation.
- Develop the investment thesis and underlying business plan for each acquisition.
- Analyze current market trends, economic data and develop market knowledge to provide input for investment strategy development.
- Track / monitor current trends in both the debt and equity markets.
- Oversee the preparation of internal investment committee presentations.
- Present potential investment opportunities to the investment committee.
- Generate offers for investment opportunities, negotiating and executing LOI’s and PSA’s with prospective sellers.
- Assist with the due diligence process including review of legal documents, third-party reports and other materials, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of successful multi-family acquisitions experience (with a proven deal sheet).
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and flexible. Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Experience in the sourcing, underwriting, and closing multi-family investment transactions and financings.
- Established network of broker, owner and institutional relationships to facilitate sourcing apartment deals.
- A sound understanding of the capital markets.
- Strong financial background and expertise with financial modeling.
- Experience in transaction due diligence and management of the closing process.
- Flexibility in competently managing multiple priorities and changing expectations.
- Conscientious and high attentive to detail.
- Possesses strong transaction management experience and organizational skills.