Crown Advisors represents the real estate industry’s most sought after companies and positions including senior executives. Our clients trust us to find top quality candidates and we continually add new real estate, construction, and related opportunities to our list of active searches.
President/ Head of Property Management (Multifamily)
Our client is a top 10 private developer, investor, operator of affordable multifamily real estate with a 20K unit portfolio located across 17 states. Financially strong, supported by a public REIT and nationally recognized high net worth real estate families
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES AND POSITION OBJECTIVES:
The President is directly responsible for the profitability, day-to-day management oversight and growth of the client’s portfolio of 20,000+ units in 17 states. This position will be responsible for leading a multi-family fee management property management organization. As the portfolio grows, the President will be prepared to take on additional portfolio assignments as they occur and to continue to provide strong leadership to a growing organization. The President will be expected to grow the contributed EBITDA of the management platform.
- Includes working with division/department leaders to manage the details of operating and improving the multi-family portfolio. Lead, supervise, and direct all multi-family operations. Clearly communicate and properly follow-up on all company initiatives and issues
- Contribute to the overall growth strategy and success of the organization. Person must possess the ability to identify and prioritize objectives and, more importantly, have the capability to effectively implement them
- Ensures that the Company’s short term and long-term goals and budgets are met
- Works as a part of the leadership team to develop and deliver departmental goals, objectives and systems
- Presents financial information and status of strategic outcomes of Company activities to
Board of Directors
- Responsible for client satisfaction with the management of client’s assets. In order to achieve the highest degree of success for the Company’s clients, the President will work with Operations leadership to sustain a culture of performance, accountability and high business standards
- Generally, understand clients’ requirements and formulate plans to assist Operations leadership and the client in achieving their goals
- Maintain productive and frequent communication with clients
- Be able to effectively develop and empower direct reports to work independently and effectively with clients.
- Ability to supervise, negotiate, understand and comply with management agreement terms
- Can quickly assess situations and make timely business decisions
- Effectively manage through planning, prioritizing, acting and meeting deadlines
- Seek out resources and training that will improve performance and lead a culture of continuous improvement, learning and accountability
- Continuously raise the bar at all levels of the organization and always pursue improvements in direct reports and self
- Act on the Company’s behalf with the highest degree of personal character, ethics and integrity while upholding the Company’s values and will act in a consistent manner to the Company’s best interests. Lead by example by demonstrating and requiring of others professionalism, dedication and hard work
- Significant experience in multi-family property management required
- 5 or more years overseeing a successful multi-state operation required
- Bachelor’s Degree, master’s degree preferred
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY
- Comfortable with understanding of Accounting and multi-family finance
- Proven track record in the deployment and oversight of property management and operation practices in an accountable environment
- Experience managing other people. Someone who will develop people, help them clearly understand their objectives and assist them in the execution
- Encourage and supports leadership and growth in others. Team oriented, with the ability to build consensus and effective relationships in a cohesive business environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, both internally and externally
- Leading with integrity always inspiring trust and confidence through building strong relationships
Our Client is focused on the development, acquisition and management of industrial property and transportation infrastructure that enhances business and government supply chain efficiency. The company invests in major coastal and inland port logistics markets anchoring North America’s principal freight lanes. Their portfolio includes over 60 million square feet nationally.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Formulates, recommends and implements investment strategy for the region. Directs and coordinates broad activities toward achieving organizational objectives in accordance with company policies.
- Thoroughly understands the dynamics of the market that are relevant to the successful execution of the company’s strategy and the business plan for each regional investment, including market characteristics, trends and participants.
- Partners with other members of the regional team in the origination, vetting, underwriting, due diligence investigation and presentation for approval of investments to the Investment Committee and, if necessary, the Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for managing the execution of acquisition transactions by the Vice President, Investments.
- Sources quality development opportunities and provides transaction details to development team.
- Assists with the identification of real estate acquisition and disposition opportunities, utilizing networks and prospects through direct contact with tenants, property owners, brokers, developers and other real estate related professionals.
- Assists the Chief Investment Officer in preparing short and long-range plans. Ensures that budgeted goals are achieved and cost objectives are met.
- Hires and monitors efforts of brokers to assist in opportunity creation and transaction closure.
- Networks and prospects for investment and development opportunities through direct contact with the tenant, competitor, brokerage and development communities.
- Coordinates transactions including monitoring the due diligence and approval processes.
- Presents oral and written presentations of transactions before the Investment Committee, Asset Allocation Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Screens, underwrites and structures acquisition deals that meet company investment objectives.
- Ensures a smooth transition of the investment asset to property operations.
- Develops and maintains external relationships appropriate to the successful execution of the company’s strategy and the business plan for investments.
- Pursues self-development training as directed by the Chief Investment Officer.
- Effectively develops and manages staff to successfully discharge assigned responsibilities:
- Complies with performance evaluation, personnel development, and other processes established by the Human Resources department;
- Promotes the training and development of current employees;
- Participates in the establishment of strategic objectives to ensure direct alignment with department goals;
- Acts in accordance with the values of the company and observes the work principles and guidelines for communication set forth in “Who We Are.”
- Complies with all company processes and procedures.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Chief Investment Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5-15 years of established real estate transactional experience and technical commercial/industrial real estate knowledge, demonstrating superior:
- Initiative and commitment to excellence
- Extensive leasing experience
- Analytical ability and sound judgment
- Financial acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Written and oral communication ability
- Excellent organization
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships
- Ability to lead and manage others
- Absolute integrity
- Strong knowledge in industrial development
- Strong reputation with the broker community and well respected in the industry
- Comfortable with computers and proficient in standard corporate operating systems and software
- Analytical and technical proficiency in all aspects of investment acquisitions and deal making, including financial analysis, is required
- Ability to manage elevated stress levels periodically; can work under an active and intense environment
- Is physically capable of climbing structures and ladders and can survey building systems as well as face other environmental issues as they arise throughout the year
- Flexible with respect to work schedule; able to travel weekly or when needed
Our client is a full-service international industrial real estate developer, advisor and investor. Since 1998, the company has developed and acquired institutional grade industrial properties in over 48 markets across North America and Europe totaling more than 175 million square feet. From acquisition and joint ventures to construction and ongoing property management, they provide creative solutions for their customers and realize long-term value for its partners. The company possesses a depth of capital, market expertise, industry relationships, and forward-looking vision to buy and build industrial properties that meet the logistics, distribution, and manufacturing demands of evolving markets.
The Development Director will assume responsibility to manage, implement, and complete development activities. This position represents our client in all respects of the development process from site viability and market analysis through design, entitlement, construction, occupancy, and potentially building disposition. External contacts, including customers, brokers, landowners, consultants, contractors, governmental officials and staff, view the Development Director as their primary conduit to our client.
Some of the overall duties for this Development Director include either leading or assisting the Market Leader with the following activities:
- Land Analysis/Acquisition
- Property Disposition
NATURE, SCOPE & KEY COMPETENCIES:
Management of all development tasks requires specific skills and experience including:
- Market orientation
- Project management and team leadership
- Technical knowledge of architecture, various engineering disciplines and site/building construction
- Financial proficiency
- Accounting procedure and controls
- Real estate property, contract and regulatory law
The most important Key Competencies include:
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Customer Service
- Resource Management
- A leader with a strong results orientation
- Excellent negotiation skills with ability to obtain favorable terms for the company while enhancing key relationships
- Analytical thinker, complex financial acumen and attention to detail with focus on the real issues
- Intuitive, creative, market-savvy. Development Director must demonstrate capacity to recognize market trends
- Develop appropriate strategic plan and execute plan to conclusion
- Displays a balance of confidence and humility. Does not always need the spotlight
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style, which seeks the benefit of the company, and utilizes the best human resources available to accomplish that
- Relationship-builder, with excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Can command respect in an inclusive environment. Will present bad news, when appropriate, with same professionalism as good news
- Composed, even tempered. Maintains focus and demeanor which allows the Market Leader to use discretion and clarity during intense negotiations and otherwise ongoing business activities
- Demonstrated track record of integrity and honorable dealings with all parties
- Should have a reputation of one that people “want to do business with”
- Willingness to travel
Director of Capital Improvements
Our client is an old-line privately held multifamily investment firm that owns and manages apartment communities, predominately in the Western US. The company is one of the top 100 apartment owners in the country, operating 8800 units today and looking to grow significantly over the next 3 to 5 years.
The Director of Capital Improvements, based in Denver, CO will coordinate and lead capital projects across the portfolio. The Director of Capital Improvements will be an integral part of the acquisition team conducting due diligence on new acquisitions and executing value add strategy upon closing. They will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manage the creation of portfolio wide multi-year capital improvement plans for the purpose of understanding and preparing portfolio long-term budgets.
- Supervise capital improvement teams nationwide; collaborate with regional property managers on the completion of new, ongoing and reoccurring projects.
- Develop specifications for repair and modification projects as assigned (specifications, permits, project schedules, cost analysis, purchasing/bid time and construction, etc.) for the purpose of providing them to architects, contractors, specialists, construction management firms, etc. for selection and awarding contracts.
- Participate in acquisition / due diligence process including unit inspections and vendor meetings, as requested.
- Coordinate and monitor capital activities (e.g. renovations, inspections, contractor and architect meetings, permitting activities, finalizing projects, calendars, mandates reports, change orders, etc.) to ensure that all phases of capital projects are completed within company specifications and budget expectations and with minimal interruption to the site personnel.
- Evaluate existing communities’ condition for the purpose of determining necessary capital needs and asset ongoing maintenance.
- Inspect all aspects of building structures (e.g. exterior, interior, walls, electrical, roof, concrete, paint, etc.) to ensure compliance with specific plans, specifications and local codes and ordinances.
- Maintain project files and records for the purpose of providing up to date reference and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
- Familiarity with job cost systems to accumulate information on direct materials, direct labor and overhead costs.
- Prepare written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Recommend procedures and/or actions related to capital projects or asset in general to provide information and/or suggestions regarding decisions that may be necessary to improve safety procedures of the capital program and potentially mitigate community risk.
- Respond to inquiries (e.g. community team, senior management, administrative staff, local inspectors, contractors, architects, the public, etc.) and provide required information to appropriate source.
- REAC Inspection participation through pre-inspection, unit walks, and ensuring work item completions prior to inspection date. Also participate in actual REAC inspections.
- Renovation participation; coordination and scheduling general contractors and all vendors involved with unit renovation process.
- Coordinate and collaborate on scopes and walk units for completion prior to turnover to property on site team.
- Participate in weekly / monthly status calls and meetings and provides monthly status reports.
- Travel, as necessary for assigned projects. Could be as much as 50% at times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree or coursework in business or the hospitality / property management industry is beneficial.
- A minimum of three to five years of multifamily project management experience required.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Yardi and Ops Technology systems are a plus.
- Must be detail and multi-task oriented and possess strong customer service and time management skills.
- Decision-making ability and a professional image necessary.
Senior Vice President
Our client is a well-established, privately-owned REIT based in South Carolina. Over the last century, they have acquired experience in a multitude of industries including hospitality, golf, master-planned development, tourism attractions, commercial leasing and shopping center development. Their carefully developed strategic plan places a high priority on owning and managing a best-in-class portfolio of experiential retail properties in selected markets throughout the Southeast.
The Senior Vice President will lead the team responsible for the entire commercial real estate business, including all leasing, development, acquisitions, and property management functions of a portfolio that includes both single and multi-tenant retail and office properties. The team consists of 15 employees, 5 of which are direct reports to this person.
- Strategic planning
- Develop commercial business unit’s strategic plan and contribute significantly to the company’s strategic planning process.
- Deal sourcing and execution
- This includes working side by side with the team on acquisition opportunities in addition to development and leasing deals. This person will oversee the team doing the underwriting and execution and ultimately be responsible for every deal. This person will need to have a track record of cradle to grave execution, including total responsibility for purchase and sale agreements, leases, operating and construction contracts.
- Team management skills
- Responsible for managing team members including establishing goals, incentive plans, etc.
- Financial acumen
- Ability to underwrite real estate transactions and evaluate various business models.
- Communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills. This person will be responsible for presenting business unit results at quarterly board meetings, regular presentations to shareholders, investors, brokers, and tenants. They will also write and present investment briefs to the Board of Directors, etc.
Executive Managing Director, Development
Our client is a real estate investment and development company based in Charleston, SC focused on acquiring and developing multifamily properties in the Southeast. In the last ten years, our client has acquired and/or developed nearly 9,500 apartment units across Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
The Executive Managing Director, Development is responsible for managing and directing all multifamily development functions and growing the platform by bringing best practices and procedures to the company. This position and the team they will build will be responsible for land acquisition, site feasibility, project entitlement, project financing, development, construction, asset management, and disposition of projects. This position will be based in the Southeast with frequent travel to Charleston, SC.
- Oversee all development functions in the Southeast
- Identify, pursue, and negotiate potential land development opportunities
- Cultivate relationships with landowners, brokers, and financial sources
- Monitor development and construction processes to ensure projects are completed as scheduled
- Conduct site investigations, financial feasibility, project budgeting, and meetings
- Work in tandem with the internal capital markets team in underwriting and financing deals
- Manage project cash requirements and expenditures, project budgets, and schedules
- Perform asset management function by working with account management team to maximize property value and position property for sale
- Interview, hire, train and supervise team in additional Southeastern cities
- Knowledge of the markets as well as an established network in the Southeast
- Extensive experience with development projects from start to finish
- Land acquisition experience is essential
- Strong negotiating skills
- Down-to-earth and hands-on approach
- Proactive and team-oriented style
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, graduate degree preferred
Managing Director, Development and Construction
Our client is one of the largest and most successful lodging companies in the world. They currently franchise more than 6,800 hotels representing more than 554,000 rooms in more than 40 countries and territories. Ranging from limited service to full-service hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy segments, their properties provide business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality, high-value lodging options throughout the United States and internationally.
This is a newly created role, working with their new, growing upscale brand. The Managing Director of Development & Construction will oversee pre-development, development, and construction from positions of owner, partner, lender, or a combination of these roles as circumstances dictate. This professional will act as an internal consultant to the Portfolio Managers (the internal customer) who will own the final P&L for each of these investments. Each Portfolio Manager will rely heavily on this professional’s expertise as it applies to technical design, construction, and development issues. The ideal person for this role will enjoy being a thought partner with the Portfolio Managers on difficult and complex issues requiring quick and thoughtful resolution.
- Oversee development partner’s execution of pre-development, development, and construction management on all non-managed joint venture assets, with a high degree of focus on design and construction related issues.
- Oversee fee developer or owner’s representative execution of pre-development, development, and construction management on all wholly owned or managed joint venture assets, with a high degree of focus on design and construction related issues.
- Oversee borrower execution of pre-development, development, and construction management on all assets acting as collateral for development and construction loans, with a high degree of focus on design and construction related issues.
- Build, lead, and develop a team of Sr. Project Managers, Project Managers, and support staff for the purpose of construction execution oversight (manager of managers) on a portfolio of 30-40 assets.
- Read, interpret, and explain to non-construction professionals, architectural drawings for construction Types I-V.
- Create high-level construction pricing models for hospitality assets using market-based research and other available resources.
- Read, comprehend, and negotiate all construction related agreements including commonly used AIA agreements (architect, general contractor, sub-contractor, etc.)
- Work as an internal consultant for Portfolio Manager who will own the final P&L for each asset, calling to their attention potential issues, options, and solutions to design and construction related concerns.
- Plans and Aligns
- Ensures Accountability
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Develops Talent
- Demonstrates Self Awareness
- Manages Ambiguity
- Subject matter expert in design oversight, construction related entitlement process, construction management, architectural, and other design consultant management, general contractor management, sub-contractor management, and commercial development processes.
- 10+ years of development and construction management experience, preferably in hospitality, and 5+ years of organizational leadership experience.
- Preferably managed the construction of select service hotels, beginning to end, with accountability for budget and schedule.
- Deep expertise in technical construction systems including earthwork, wet and dry utilities, foundations, structural, carpentry, MEP, HVAC, roofing, glazing, etc.
- Collaborative, servant leader, with strong results orientation. A clear understanding that people come first.
Director, Real Estate Development
Our client is full-service real estate firm which provides a comprehensive and diverse array of services to clients who rely on substantial expertise and disciplined, strategic approach. Our client has a unique ability to pull together specialized teams to provide each client with a highly customized solution in the areas of development, brokerage, appraisal and facility & renovation services. This group stands on 50 plus years of real estate development experience and has one of the most credible names in the industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fundamental job requirements which an individual must be able to perform to accomplish the basic duties of the job.
- Demonstrated success delivering multiple, concurrent development projects on time and within Board-approved budget. Achieve established goals as outlined in the strategic plan, through efficient planning, direction and coordination of internal staff and external 3rd-party resources; review performance regularly against goals and take corrective action where required. This shall include active participation in development and management of financial proformas for each project.
- Provide assistance to the team on issues of long-term development planning, particularly related to the real estate services provided to the company assets as well as to third party customers.
- Coordinate internal and external development projects through all federal, state, county, municipal, and public utility reviews and other outside agency approvals.
- Represent owners and clients at public meetings for all scheduled entitlements and approvals for designated projects.
- Actively pursue new business opportunities for the portfolio growth as well as for fee-based development opportunities, keeping the strategic goals of company in focus.
- On the owner’s behalf, contract with and oversee all engineering, architectural and design professional activities to maximize projects’ aesthetic and economic potentials in conjunction with the strategic goals of the Owners. This shall include insuring that all required consulting services are completed in accordance with established schedules and budgets.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of all consulting and design professionals reducing unnecessary delays, while improving profitability.
- Provide accurate and current project budgets, schedules and proformas via computerized data bases, to the internal and external owner.
- Work in formulating strategic plans to further grow the fee-based development segment, as well as develop opportunities for all the related High companies, as appropriate.
- Act as day-to-day liaison between Customer Service Teams (CST) members and deliver frequent and accurate updates to the Owner’s representatives and Senior Vice President – Development. Make field decisions, if necessary, on behalf of the owner on all construction projects and/or appraise owner of project issues.
- Maintain current knowledge on all federal, state, and local programs as they relate to the financing and development of real estate projects. Recommend business areas that will provide for sound growth and profitability of the company.
- Assist with the development of the annual operating budget for the real estate development services section of the Development Division; insure compliance with approved budgets; install and execute programs of income generation, cost control and cost reduction.
- Secure competitive solicitation and organization of bids for development projects through the management of the CST process and architectural, construction, brokerage and operations teams.
- Coordinate regular meetings with the leasing, asset management, design financing and construction teams to ensure that all development projects are addressing the needs of the market and the customer in timing and cost control.
- Promote favorable image with customer and endeavor in all activities and associations to further good will of the company.
- Any other projects or jobs as directed by the Senior Vice President – Development.
Responsible for the identification, coordination, and management of on-going internal and external development projects including site design, securing entitlements, proforma preparation, financial analysis, schedule adherence, revenue and cost control, obtaining municipal reviews and approvals and serving as the owner’s representative to design consultants, construction professionals and governmental agencies.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
- As Director-Real Estate Development, incumbent is responsible for day-to-day management of the real estate development activities for assigned projects and providing these services to internal entities, as well as external real estate customers on a fee-for-service basis.
- Adherence to Board-approved project budget, schedule, and construction quality is a crucial responsibility of this position.
- Working in conjunction with the finance analyst and the asset-class leaders, incumbent is responsible for updating and maintaining the proforma, project management and design development activities for the internal and external based customers of the Development Division.
- Incumbent will identify, engage, oversee and direct third-party consultants and design professionals such as architects, structural, MEP, civil, geo-technical and environmental engineers, etc.
- The Development Department participates in the establishment of the company strategic plan, goals and objectives as well as adherence to, and implementation of, same. The incumbent coordinates with each asset class leader and other corporate activity to insure achievement of shared strategic goals and to avoid duplication of efforts between departments.
- The position reviews operating results against established strategic goals, budgets and schedules.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- 4-year College degree required. 5-15 years of experience in real estate development and operations, land planning, architecture or civil engineering including related real estate business and complex real estate financing activities.
- Experience across multiple asset types including retail, multifamily, commercial, office and hotel highly desirable.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATES OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- MSRE, MBA, CCIM designation preferred. PA Real Estate License desirable.
DIMENSIONS (SALES VOLUME, TOTAL EMPLOYEES REPORTING, PAYROLL, ETC.):
- Construction Volume: $10 – $50M
- Land and Development Volume: Demonstrated success delivering multiple, concurrent development projects plus management of existing portfolio activity.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS (UPWARD AND DOWNWARD):
- Incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision and direction of the general contractor and all third-party consultants required to manage the development process. The incumbent is appointed by and accountable to the Senior Vice President of Development.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Duties performed which are not critical to the successful completion of the essential job functions:
- Keeps abreast of developments in technical fields through appropriate literature, study and active association with professional organizations. Keeps alert to apply, or recommend application of, such developments as necessary in furthering strategic goals.
- Support Senior Management, team members and operating companies on projects as assigned by Senior Vice President – Development.
- Will serve on and may chair various company committees as appointed.
- Promote the interests and favorable image of the company.
- Demonstrate and support the values of the company philosophy.
- Perform special assignments as directed.
Our client is a real estate development and management company, which currently owns a $200 million commercial real estate portfolio in the Southeast. It is a subsidiary of a large global manufacturing company that was founded over 100 years ago. The company is debt free, extremely well-capitalized and plans to grow strategically, mostly through development. The assets are in prime urban locations and are well-anchored. The portfolio is diverse and consists of retail, office and medical office, industrial and mixed-use. The company also has significant land holdings in prime development areas.
The President will be responsible for all real estate functions of the Company. The President will provide strategic leadership for the Company by working with the Board of Directors and other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plan and policies.
- Develop, maintain and communicate corporate strategy, structure and objectives, aggressively driving the short-term business goals alongside long-term strategic business plans.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the company’s fiscal function and performance.
- Lead the strategy regarding additional capital investments in real estate.
- Lead the company for the overall delivery of CRE services, ensuring they are delivered effectively and efficiently across the company’s real estate portfolio.
- Design and implement business strategies to ensure positive performance and successful growth.
- Continuously monitor market conditions and recommend best practices for proactive direction.
- Attend all annual shareholders’ meetings and Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Create, communicate and implement the company’s vision, mission and overall direction, including some form of regular communication to shareholders.
- Build, coach and manage a team of real estate professionals.
- Lead, guide, direct and evaluate the work of senior leadership team to drive cooperation and collaboration within teams and across organizational teams.
- Establish systems and procedures for operations.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment.
- BS/BA degree in business or real estate required.
- 15+ years of CRE experience, including substantial time in a senior management role.
- Proven ability to develop and implement new business, development and growth strategies.
- Strong understanding of how to create value in development projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to build, coach and lead a team to meet goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated success developing and maintaining productive working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and strategic partners.
- Extensive experience in analyzing and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Strong understanding of financing principles and capital structures.
- Professional industry designation.
Multi-Family Acquisitions Officer
Our client is a dynamic real estate private equity investor with a multi-sector investment platform. The Company focuses on the acquisition and ownership of value-add multi-family, value-add office and net leased Corporate Headquarters facilities. The Company has acquired or built 4.5M SF of office, medical office, industrial, retail, and data center projects; plus 4,000 units of multi-family, condominium and assisted living properties in 37 investments. They are vertically integrated and self-manage a national portfolio of apartment properties on behalf of their institutional investors, family offices and financial institutions.
Our client is seeking a Director of Multi-Family Acquisitions who will be responsible for sourcing, acquiring, underwriting and closing numerous multi-family deals annually. The client’s culture is fast-paced and requires the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in order to meet desired growth objectives. The ideal candidate will be someone who is excited by this high-energy, entrepreneurial environment, while at the same time, exhibiting the polished demeanor of a seasoned professional with well-established relationships nationwide.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Multi-Family Acquisitions will directly source deals (on and off market) by utilizing their existing network and developing new relationships.
- Uncover emerging growth areas and source investment opportunities in markets with positive fundamentals.
- Responsible for the financial analysis of each potential acquisition through preparation and analysis of proforma financial models and supporting documentation.
- Develop the investment thesis and underlying business plan for each acquisition.
- Analyze current market trends, economic data and develop market knowledge to provide input for investment strategy development.
- Track / monitor current trends in both the debt and equity markets.
- Oversee the preparation of internal investment committee presentations.
- Present potential investment opportunities to the investment committee.
- Generate offers for investment opportunities, negotiating and executing LOI’s and PSA’s with prospective sellers.
- Assist with the due diligence process including review of legal documents, third-party reports and other materials, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of successful multi-family acquisitions experience (with a proven deal sheet).
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and flexible. Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Experience in the sourcing, underwriting, and closing multi-family investment transactions and financings.
- Established network of broker, owner and institutional relationships to facilitate sourcing apartment deals.
- A sound understanding of the capital markets.
- Strong financial background and expertise with financial modeling.
- Experience in transaction due diligence and management of the closing process.
- Flexibility in competently managing multiple priorities and changing expectations.
- Conscientious and high attentive to detail.
- Possesses strong transaction management experience and organizational skills.