Crown Advisors represents the real estate industry’s most sought after companies and positions including senior executives. Our clients trust us to find top quality candidates and we continually add new real estate, construction, and related opportunities to our list of active searches.
Vice President, Development
Founded 70 years ago, our client has evolved into one of the most well established privately held real estate asset management and development firms in the Washington, DC area. Today the portfolio includes over 4,500 apartment units throughout Virginia, two office buildings, a hotel, and a mixed-use development in addition to redevelopment sites.
The Vice President of Development must have a solid base of multi-family real estate development experience. The role will include oversight of multiple development undertakings and the refurbishment and repositioning of the company’s extensive multi-family and mixed-use assets.
- Working with a small, privately held company as a team player.
- Being responsible for concept through implementation of various development, refurbishment, and repositioning projects primarily of the company’s multi-family assets but also for office assets.
- Drawing on experience to establish multi-year plans and evaluating options that match corporate goals, are market driven and financially sound.
- Acting as an executive reporting to the President.
- Must have extensive experience in multi-family development with sharply honed financial acumen.
- Proficient in complete underwriting of a development deal. This includes investment analysis in support of acquisitions, dispositions, portfolio strategy, or portfolio return (performance) assessment, due diligence coordination, negotiation assistance, and risk analysis, may also be involved in the financing (equity or debt) process.
- Responsible for directing all aspects of development deals/activities. This includes site/asset acquisition, underwriting, entitlements, land planning, design, construction (horizontal and vertical), financing, lease-up, and all other aspects of development.
- Responsible for the execution of development strategy and plans for a project or multiple projects.
- Experience in managing the renovation and re-positioning of multiple apartment properties. New construction a plus.
- Responsible for generating new acquisition, investment, and/or development opportunities.
- Supports the establishment of the company acquisition policy, criteria and strategy.
- Responsible for much of the “leg work” during acquisition, repositioning or sales activity, such as financial underwriting/modeling, researching municipal regulations/zoning/entitlement issues, working with on-site land planners/architects, and overseeing engineering and environmental studies.
- Maintains the company’s objective of maximizing the value of the firm’s assets and growing dividends.
- Additional responsibilities include (re)financing decisions, leasing programs, disposition activities, capital improvement programs, asset management plans, property management review, and investor/owner communications.
- An independently minded self-starter capable of working both autonomously and as part of a team.
Founded by several of the top commercial real estate leaders in the Southeast, our client is a full service commercial real estate firm, comprised of an exceptional, well respected and established group of talented professionals headquartered in Charlotte, NC. The firm has deep existing relationships with the top institutional owners in the country and is one of the leading service providers for leasing, property management, construction/project management and investment sales in the Carolinas. The firm has eight business lines and leases and/or manages an office and industrial portfolio of institutional quality assets totaling 16M SF in Charlotte, Raleigh and Greenville, SC.
This hired Partner will oversee the Greenville, SC office for the firm, be an owner of the Greenville office with the firm’s other partners, and be responsible for recruiting and business development. The Greenville Partner will oversee all operational aspects of the Greenville office with the support of the company’s established resources out of Charlotte. As Market Leader and Partner, this person will assist in developing operating budgets for this office and monitor the overall financial performance of the region.
The Greenville Partner will lead efforts to build our client’s brokerage presence in Greenville and surrounding areas. This will include recruiting and managing an entrepreneurial transactional team and relevant business lines to support that team. The selected candidate will be offered a platform to build the business and will be rewarded substantially for their efforts.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial, strategic mindset and strong work ethic with proven success building a business. The Greenville Partner will have a positively aggressive, creative, charismatic and energetic personality. This person will bring enthusiasm and cohesiveness to the team, motivating them for success, leading and communicating by example. Critical to the success of this role will be an assertive and proactive working leader with a balanced and pragmatic approach to executing deals and management.
- A known and respected professional in the South Carolina commercial real estate industry including established relationships with institutional owners and users around the U.S.
- Hands-on production and management experience with a thorough understanding of the entrepreneurial nature of a brokerage sales force.
- Strategic minded with a visionary and forward-thinking approach.
- Highly effective communicator and connector, with the charisma to be representative of the company in the market.
- Minimum of 7-10+ years’ experience in the commercial real estate industry, transaction experience preferred.
Senior Vice President, Property Operations
Our Client is a multifamily real estate company managing company owned and third-party assets. The Company’s partners range from individual owners to investors, lenders, and financial institutions. The firm creates a unique map for each distinctive market, providing vertically integrated services including property operations, compliance, consulting, accounting, budgeting, and reporting, general contracting, construction management and capital improvement programs.
Our Client’s proven success is derived from a hands-on commitment to every level of operations and management including due diligence, human resources, technology solutions and taxes.
Reporting to the President of Property Operations, the Senior Vice President (SVP), Property Operations is based in the Company’s headquarters in Atlanta. The SVP will serve in a senior leadership position overseeing the fee-managed property portfolios for the Company’s entire unit count. This position is responsible for the operations organization and portfolio expansions. The SVP ensures stability and/or improvement of property values, establishes and manages operating budgets, develops a skilled and qualified management team and maintains positive relationships with subordinates, co-workers, investors and clients.
The SVP serves as a strategic partner to the President of Property Operations while directing the day-to-day management of the Property Operations Division. Secondary to these responsibilities is assisting in cultivating new 3rd party management business. The ideal candidate will have a good reputation in the industry with a polished, articulate presence and be capable of presenting in formal and informal business pursuits.
The SVP possesses strong leadership and management skills and commands respect with an egoless, inclusive approach. A collaborative and communicative manner is imperative in this position along with a positive, energetic style. Strong experience with conventional, high-end assets and lease up expertise is critical for the role as the Company continues to grow its portfolio with these types of assets.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Acts as a strategic partner to the President of Property Operations, taking the lead in managing the assigned portfolio.
- Builds and maintains effective working relations between the Company’s departments, divisions, and affiliates. Works well with internal stakeholders including asset management, IT, accounting, human resources and the executive leadership of the company.
- Responsible for the efficient and cost-effective operation of all properties.
- Oversees the completion of annual budgets for each property, tracks financial performance and insures that financial goals and budgets are met.
- Responsible for developing adequate systems to ensure property values and protection of the owner’s investment are maintained.
- Oversees and monitors the monthly financial performance of the managed property portfolio and ensures that property operations staff anticipates and corrects deviations and problems.
- Develops and supports implementation of the Annual Management Plan which includes goals for the managed portfolio and is used to guide and manage the assets. Reviews with the property operations staff to insure compatibility with overall goals and requirements.
- Creates and implements the strategic plan and direction of the portfolio. Ensures management practices are current and comparable with industry standards. Anticipates the need for change and guides the operations team forward.
- Insures adequate reporting systems are operational, relative to Regional Property Managers’ accountability for the properties under their purview. Responsible for establishing and monitoring a formal measurement and reporting system to ensure that performance standards are met, and adequate written records of performance are maintained.
- Provides a positive work environment. Performs initial interviews with prospective team members and insures selection of qualified staff using consistent selection criteria.
- Provides on-the-job and formal management training and coaching, where needed, to improve skills.
- Participates in development of training plans consistent with the Company’s needs. Provides opportunity for career development. Makes promotional decisions paralleling Company career paths and insures that adequate replacements are available to cover vacations, leaves, and job vacancies. Insures that regional and property office procedures are efficient, appropriate, automated where possible, and computer resources are maximized.
- Establishes and maintains a formal communications program for the senior level management of the Property Operations Division. Assumes responsibility and is actively involved in a proactive client satisfaction program. Encourages communication between property operations staff and the Regional Office.
- Provides formal written monthly reports to the President summarizing property status, issues, and corrective actions.
- Conducts regular meetings with Property Managers and Regional Property Managers.
- Insures adequate records are maintained and up to date on all properties, including owner communication records.
- Responsible for developing strong community and client relationships. Fosters good relationships and communication practices with these groups.
- Responsible for adequate safety and security programs at each property. Develops and oversees programs improving safety and reduction of accidents/injuries.
- Manages development of systems and processes for efficient repair and maintenance of multi-family residential complexes.
- Acts in partnership with the President of Operations to grow the business and performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Assists in developing new business opportunities for the Company’s 3rd party management services. Will utilize industry network connections and serve in an outward facing capacity. While sourcing new business is not a requirement, bringing new 3rd party management relationships to the table is a plus.
- Performs additional assignments, special projects and works with other Company subsidiaries.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (4-year college or university).
- Experience: 10 to 15 years.
- Travel: 40% to 50%.
- Certification/Licenses: Property Management Certification (CPM) preferred. Knowledge of HUD, tax credit, and other regulatory agency requirements a plus.
- Special Skills, Knowledge or Abilities Applicable in Apartment Community Management: Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, and agency rules. Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Email [Outlook or Internet Based; Yahoo or Gmail], Industry Specific Software [subject to change] and Google Systems.
Vice President of Construction
We have been engaged by one of the top multifamily construction companies nationally to help them open a new Atlanta office. They build a variety of projects from traditional garden apartments to mixed-use luxury apartments, campus housing, senior living and high-density transit oriented developments. Most of the projects include concrete construction and underground parking. They have a national clientele of top developers pursuing work in the region. They have two current projects with several more in the pipeline that they will use as a springboard to find additional work.
We are searching for a VP of Construction to open, lead and grow the Atlanta office. As they gain traction, they will have additional needs both in the office and in the field, from Senior Project Managers to Project Engineers; and Senior Superintendent’s to Assistant Superintendents. This is a great opportunity to become a leader and key figure in a $600M company as they expand into a new territory.
Vice President of Multifamily Development
Our client is a national commercial real estate development, investment and advisory firm. They have specialized in the development of single-tenant, net lease, build-to-suit facilities for corporate clients. They have recently hired a leader to create a multifamily platform, and they already have a few projects in development with one under construction, several about to start, and an ever-growing pipeline.
The VP of Development will be the first hire on the team and report to the Executive Vice President, Multifamily Development. They will to be based in Charlotte and will be responsible for sourcing, managing and directing a variety of apartment development projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast from Washington DC through to southern Florida. This position is responsible for land acquisition, site feasibility, project entitlement, project financing, development, construction, and asset management.
- Identify, pursue, and negotiate potential multifamily development opportunities in assigned territory.
- Cultivate relationships with landowners, brokers, and financial sources.
- Support the development and finance team in the creation of a business plan and financial pro forma for each development project including competitive analysis, demographic research, construction cost assumptions, and detailed underwriting.
- Conduct site investigations, financial feasibility, project budgeting, and meetings with all team members.
- Monitor development and construction processes to ensure projects are completed as scheduled.
- Help manage division cash requirements and expenditures, project budgets, and schedules.
- Work with property management company to facilitate the construction and fit-out of leasing offices, which may include coordinating with marketing firms, IT consultants, and other vendors/consultants as required.
- Perform asset management function by working with third party property management firms to maximize property value.
- During all phases of a project, work closely with the EVP and other internal team members, including accounting, to assist in the approval of invoices, development of projected financial summaries, and attend weekly team meetings to detail project progress and outline critical issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in multi-family real estate development.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in managing development teams.
- Land acquisition experience is preferred.
This is an opportunity to get onboard with an extremely well capitalized company who is positioned to take advantage of niche opportunities in the current cycle. They have chosen to use a very disciplined boutique, value add approach to the apartment industry. They have no plans to build a machine that must be fed with deal flow. They like high barrier to entry, underserved market niches, and are truly relationship-based. As the second pure development executive, this person will have the opportunity to be creative and entrepreneurial in their approach to the market.
Transactional Real Estate Attorney
Our client is a vertically-integrated real estate investment and property management company whose partners have over 80 years of successful experience in real estate investment, finance, leasing, property management and asset management. The company owns and operates approximately 4M sq ft of retail shopping centers on the east coast.
We have been engaged to find a Transactional Real Estate Attorney to collaborate with and support the existing legal team. They will be based in Charlotte, NC and be responsible for providing legal guidance and support on acquisitions, dispositions and re-development projects. The candidate should have strong experience structuring complex real estate transactions and performing due diligence in connection with real estate, ground leases, and real property transactions.
The candidate should have a minimum of 5-6 years of experience, with strong drafting and transactional experience. Additional exposure to leasing, financing, construction and environmental matters all helpful.
This is a ground floor opportunity for someone to join and help shape a growing organization.
Additional experience and qualifications needed for the role include:
- Juris Doctorate.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience practicing as a lawyer with an emphasis on commercial real estate.
- Business-focused mindset with ability to balance legal risk and business impact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have outstanding contract negotiation and drafting skills.
- Real estate development and construction related legal experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, detailed oriented with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy and the ability to build effective internal and external relationships.
Chief Accounting Officer
Baltimore, MD / Washington DC Metro
Our client is a real estate operator whose 150 employees have a 25-year track record of capitalizing on durable insights into the supply and demand of real assets through the global supply chain. They build and invest in value-added business platforms that have a proprietary position in their markets, source investments with favorable supply/demand dynamics and bring intense focus to operating results. The firm currently manages over $3B+ AUM in assets through three logistics-oriented private equity fund series.
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the accounting function from transaction processing to the preparation of external investor and lender reporting prepared in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS. This position has the following duties related to its key areas:
- Serve as the ultimate “owner” of the quality of the accounting department deliverables, including the people, processes and technology used to support their generation. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure efficient and effective transaction processing, through leveraging systems’ functionality, process redesign and reengineering, and documented and clear SOPS to ensure that financial information is maintained in a quality manner, is accurate, timely and complete and in accordance with GAAP and/or IFRS and company policies.
- Develop more efficient and/or more effective ways to organize, deliver, or consolidate work products ensuring effective use of information systems, process redesign and/or reengineering and/or available information.
- Meet with internal and external users of department information to ensure their needs are being adequately and appropriately met.
- Plan oversee and manage all external reporting processes to ensure timely delivery of financial information.
- Plan, oversee and manage the external audit process, including drafting of financial statements and/or new footnotes to financial statements.
- Resolve and document technical accounting issues related to both existing and prospective accounting standards.
- Work to develop and/or refine a consistent set of metrics.
- Stay abreast of best practices in financial reporting through various resources and bring forward recommendations for changes to our existing investor reporting.
- Work as a partner with the business teams to provide complete, reliable and accurate information.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the company’s business, including fund structures and the Company’s corporate organizational structure to be able to identify and bring forward issues that could impact the Company’s operations, reporting, tax reporting and/or tax strategies:
- Understand the Company’s consolidated operating performance “picture” to ensure decisions are made in the context of the Company’s consolidated objectives.
- Understand and recognize potential REIT/UBTI issues.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the properties.
- Understanding of key agreements (lease, ground lease, debt, partnership, etc.) and the risks.
- Ensuring that all return and investor performance metrics are calculated correctly.
- Key performance indicators.
- Has the primary responsibility for the adequacy of the internal controls and owns the resolution of any control deficiencies identified during the annual audit process. This means ensuring that internal controls are designed effectively and are working properly or redesigned to address noted control deficiencies.
- Play a leading role in the management and strategic direction of the department including, but not limited to the following:
- Work with the CFO to develop, implement and continually revise the department strategy.
- Oversee and direct specific initiatives for the department.
- Assess organizational structure and personnel to stay ahead of company’s needs.
- Work with the CFO to develop personnel management and career development strategies for the Division.
- Oversee the design and use of the Company’s SharePoint site.
The qualified candidate must have the following attributes:
- At least 15 years of accounting/business management experience and at least 5 years of experience in the operations of private equity real estate firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and be a CPA.
- Well-versed in the application of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Organized and attentive to details.
- Effective and proven project management skills.
- Effective manager of staff.
- Effective communicator (both oral and written) and be able to communicate with all staff and executive levels within the organization.
- Engage others (that they don’t directly supervise) to actively participate in projects.
- Work effectively as a team member and a team leader.
- Motivate, lead and develop staff.
Vice President, Development
Our client, founded over 60 years ago, is a vertically integrated service provider specializing in development, construction, program management, and property management. They believe to effectively contribute and provide impactful service to their clients, they must take a holistic approach to any assignment. They will be a collaborative partner, evaluating potential opportunities through a big picture perspective. With their interest aligned with their clients, they engage their four divisions to provide service within a specific scope.
A proven strategic leader, who can drive success in the regions for standalone and who is experienced in mixed use developments; leading ten or more developments and working on twenty plus developments; outside affordable experience, with priority given to urban and mixed-use developments.
This individual is expected to act in a proactive and supportive manner and must set the tone for the division, must also be a strong operator of projects, enjoys the development process, and can interface well with the projects, project management functions and field supervision. He/she must be able to demonstrate the ability to build out a successful and thriving development/Real Estate Division with technology and standard operating procedures, along with the capability to train, mentor and develop talents within the division. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the pre-development process which includes, but is not limited to, market and site identification, contract negotiations, zoning / rezoning, deal structuring and underwriting, relationship building / management with both internal and external partners, etc.
- Evaluate and establish project objectives to maximize the use of the property and the return on investment.
- Working with in-house staff, develop, evaluate and refine the project pro forma and determine market and financial feasibility.
- Facilitate, support and monitor the Leasing effort to ensure that project development and financial objectives are satisfied.
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis the timing of each prospective development and determine which projects should receive maximum attention, based upon the potential profitability of each project at any point in time.
- Prepare and submit financing packages including: Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, Tax Exempt Bond, HOME, FHLB / AHP grants, construction and permanent financing, and equity syndication or other appropriate funding sources.
- Successfully execute development plans to achieve target returns for each development project.
FEASIBILITY, PLANNING AND DESIGN:
- Review and analyze projects throughout the southeast (initially) with similar characteristics to determine and improve upon the key components of a successful development.
- Evaluate design alternatives, reviewing options with appropriate Leasing and Development staff.
- Evaluate and identify the appropriate consultants for each project through networking and solicitations for proposals. Supervise and guide design consultants and engineers from conceptual drawings through construction documents, including consulting contract negotiations.
- Manage the process of determining required entitlements and obtaining all related approvals.
- Develop relationships with key political figures, including City Council, Design Review Board, Planning Commission, etc. Serve on committees or regularly attend all committee meetings for groups having jurisdiction or influence on applicable projects.
- Make presentations to Design Review Boards, Planning Commissions, City Councils and community groups.
- Facilitate evaluation of the project design by in-house Property Management and Operations to ensure that the interests of each group are satisfied, progressing through the development process as key milestones (entitlements, pre-leasing, financing, etc.) are achieved and approval is obtained to proceed.
- Establish, monitor and drive the project schedule to meet specified goals.
- Interface with in-house Construction personnel from concept studies through bid documents, performing ongoing cost analyses to accurately determine the project cost and identify the most cost-efficient construction means, materials and methods and the related schedule.
- Supervise and approve all design decisions to maximize the physical and aesthetic quality and overall effectiveness of the project, while minimizing cost.
- Facilitate and monitor tenant design and construction effort to ensure that the project development and design objectives are satisfied.
- Maintain and enhance professional skills, abilities and relationships in the multi-family, office, hotel and retail industries.
- Engage General Counsel on matters pertaining to the Disposition and Development Agreement, Redevelopment Plan and other related contracts
- Works in a safe manner and actively encourages others to do the same.
- Manage two or more team members and other cross-functional teams, and multiple consultants.
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Determine the day-to-day and long-term goals and objectives of the team
- Prepares Annual Evaluations and provides recommendations for Salary and Bonuses as needed.
- Board of Directors
- Director of Operations
- General Counsel
- Vice President – Construction
- Vice President – Human Resources
- Other Leaders inside and outside the Organization
- Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent;
- 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Urban Planning, Business or related field.
- Must understand principles of real estate development, design, finance and construction.
- Experience in development of significant real estate projects greater than 100,000 sq. ft. in size and/or $35M in total costs, with preference for experience in mixed-use and multi-family.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Real Estate Broker’s License
- Certified Commercial Investment Manager and Certified Housing Finance Development Professional helpful.
- Effective presentation skills
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, E-Mail and Internet navigation.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; and effectively communicates changes to relevant stakeholders.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Regional Vice President, Business Development – New Build
Our client was founded in 2015 by a diverse group of leaders from technology, design, manufacturing, real estate and construction, to revolutionize the global building industry. Today, they rank as one of the top 25 multifamily general contractors in the United States. They are a vertically integrated platform that combines design, manufacturing, materials sourcing, logistics, quality assurance and construction into a single solution. With this unparalleled end-to-end capability, our client delivers projects faster, with superior quality, less waste, and lower operating costs than ever before. The company is growing rapidly with more than 1000 employees, offices in four countries, a growing number of manufacturing facilities, and dozens of active projects.
Based in Atlanta, GA, the Regional Vice President of Business Development- New Build, will lead the generation of new business with major institutional owners and developers of multifamily real estate, with an emphasis on “new build” or ground-up projects. The Regional Vice President will target major multifamily developers to retain our client to build their next project as a design/ build execution utilizing the company’s construction and architecture teams as a complete turn-key development solution. The Regional Vice President will focus his/her business development efforts on the East coast region. They will identify and develop unique selling propositions and differentiators as they target potential clients, and the decision makers within the potential client’s organization. They will also research and build relationships with new clients, set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders and develop specific proposals. The Regional Vice President will promote the company’s products and services while addressing or predicting each clients’ strategic objectives.
The Regional Vice President will utilize his/her existing relationships with owners/developers of institutional multifamily real estate throughout the East coast to secure new business. The Regional Vice President will also coordinate and/or assist the program management division on new business generation activities with existing clients. The initial focus will be targeted to multifamily (including student, senior and affordable housing) but will soon expand to other classes such as hospitality and industrial.
- Represent our client to institutional and major private or public apartment owners and developers and facilitate relationship development, lead generation and execution of assignments for these clients
- Lead the effort to sell to potential clients by tapping into his/her industry relationships/rolodex
- Identify and develop new relationships with potential clients
- Arrange and participate in client meetings
- Set geographic and client based growth strategies and ensure they are met or exceeded
- Prepare and present progress reports to the VP, Sales and other senior managers upon request
- Harness the firm’s resources as key assets toward branding and business development
- Attend select industry conferences and meetings
- Present new products and services and enhance existing client relationships
- Proactively work with internal colleagues to meet and exceed client (and potential client) needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate or related field such as construction, architecture or developm MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in multi-family real estate development, construction, investment sales or architecture/design
- Technical knowledge in multifamily development, construction or design
- Strong, proven sales skills combined with emotional intelligence and sophistication
- Existing relationships and credibility with institutional multifamily industry executives
- Outstanding leadership, process management, communication and planning skills
- Ability to work autonomously, asking for help when needed
- Excellent presentation and closing abilities
- Exceptional work ethic and result orientation
- Outstanding promotional, business and relationship development skills
- Strong track record in achieving financial goals, budgeting, expense management and leveraging resources effectively
- Experience in a diverse set of geographic markets on the East coast is preferred
- Travel as necessary
Construction Project Manager
New York, NY
Our client is a highly respected and rapidly growing Construction Management and General Contracting firm specializing in commercial interiors throughout the United States. Due to this rapid growth and steadily increasing stream of business from their Fortune 500 clients, they’ve retained us to identify several proven Project Managers.
They’ve just started several large and prestigious projects and thus have an increased demand for proven and passionate Construction Project Managers who are ready to contribute their talents and expertise to an environment that rewards hard work, cooperation and respect.
The company is a very progressive and client focused firm committed to exploring, refining and implementing a wide array of cutting-edge technologies and business practices to optimize the services offered to their clients. They demand excellence and reward performance, allowing their team to grow both personally and professionally.
This Project Manager will be the key figure of their project team and is responsible for the overall success of a project. They will monitor compliance of contract documents and maintain project schedules by leading client/ design team meetings. Project Managers prepare monthly requisitions as well as deliver final contract documents and As-Builds. A candidate for this position should possess excellent leadership skills, have the ability to successfully set, observe and re-evaluate project priorities frequently.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Estimating Department award schedule for trades during pre-construction.
- Ensure Certificates of Insurance are in place.
- Forecast and track the amount of labor, managerial and material costs necessary to complete a project.
- Coordinate both in-house and building kick-off meeting.
- Perform project status reviews by monitoring project schedule, submittal/RFI logs and open items.
- Hold regular status meetings with project team as well as manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Handle project delays.
- Resolve scope discrepancies.
- Review and submit Change Orders to client.
- Analyze and manage project budget, profitability, revenue and margins.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor receivables for project as well as subcontractor pay schedule.
- Resolve subcontractor claims during subcontractor close-out period
- Ensure punch list completion and Department of Buildings sign off
- Organize and deliver project close-out/As-Built documents
- Identify business development
- Five-year minimum experience as Project Manager in interior, high-end commercial general contracting.
- Must have strong client relations skills and a collaborative disposition.
- Good leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required.
- Solid facilitation skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading commercial construction plans and specifications.
- 10-Hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health Certificate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Timberline.
Construction/ Development Associate
Our client is a fully integrated real estate investment firm providing first-class investment services, as a Registered Investment Advisor, in office markets throughout the Eastern United States. They believe in superior results through specialization and therefore focus on a single asset class (office), a single segment of the risk spectrum (value-added), and a specific geography (the Eastern United States). Their goal is to consistently generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for our clients through a variety of skills including creative acquisitions, “hands on” asset management, entrepreneurial repositionings, and timely dispositions. They typically focus on traditional, controlling investments both with and without local operating partners.
The Construction Development Associate will support members of the construction/development staff, the chief operating officer, and others by performing a range of administrative to highly technical tasks related to planning, design, permitting/approval, and construction of various capital improvement projects, including tenant improvements, building improvements, major building renovations and ground up development projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Preparing, monitoring and updating schedules and budgets for various projects to facilitate project management.
- Coordination of project/property information with relevant internal and external parties.
- Preparing summary and detailed scopes of work for various contemplated projects and coordinating budget development for construction of those projects.
- Preparation of scopes of work for investigation, planning and design services related to tenant improvement, capital improvement, and other construction projects, solicitation of pricing for such work and preparation and administration of contracts for performance of such work.
- Research of municipal and regulatory codes to identify permit/approval requirements and the process/deliverable for achievement of permits/approvals. Development of schedule, budget and required scopes of work to obtain permits/approvals and implementation/management of the permit/approval process.
- Coordination and collaborative development of scopes, budgets and schedules for construction projects with others within the company including acquisition/asset management analysts/associates and property management/operations staff.
- Coordination of requests for payment on various planning, design and construction related contracts.
- On occasion, serve as project manager for certain tenant improvement, capital improvement or other construction projects, including attendance at on site project meetings.
- Perform and assist various due diligence tasks during both acquisition and disposition of various fund investments.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field with strong record of academic success.
- 1-3 years of similar experience in planning, design, construction, or project management fields.
- Proficiency with project/construction scheduling software, job budgeting / costing software and Excel
- Must be a self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to proactively recognize, investigate, and communicate all issues.
- Very driven, hard-working, and results-oriented individual.
Vice President of Construction
New York/ New Jersey
Our client is a large private equity firm with over 10M SF of office and retail properties. With more than 100 properties, and growing, our client is well situated for continued steady growth. The company offers an attractive and stable work environment as evidenced by a very long tenured team of senior executives.
We have been retained to fill the position of Vice President of Construction. Our ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience with both new projects and renovations of existing office and retail assets. This person will manage a team of 10 and will also work closely with leasing, finance and institutional investors. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail is imperative for the success of the selected candidate. Candidate will need to manage multiple large-scale capital improvement projects while not interrupting day to day operations at the properties.
Crown Advisors is a national executive search firm exclusive to the real estate industry. We have been retained by an extremely well-capitalized, privately held, owner and operator of community, power and grocery-anchored shopping centers throughout the country. Our client has over 18 million square feet of retail space. They are actively seeking to expand their portfolio and acquire market- dominant shopping centers. Many of their properties are concentrated in densely populated sub- markets and anchored by best-in-class retailers.
Under direction of the VP of Development, this position will manage the entire planning, entitlement, development and construction processes on assigned projects in the portfolio with a view towards best in-class application of placemaking and architectural design, brand positioning, and differentiated but disciplined and reliable construction delivery methods and techniques.
- Integrate internal and external resources for the end-to-end, development/redevelopment from conceptual design through project delivery, final punch list, and tenant coordination. Ensure communication and effective relationship management with clients, suppliers, contractors, vendors, engineers, and municipal representatives, achieving optimal alignment and outcomes of assigned projects.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, County, and City regulatory agency requirem
- Provide routine weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting and as needed updates to senior leadership.
- Personally, exhibit an inspiring passion for continuous learning.
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a strong preference for degree in relevant, related field such as Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Managemen
- At least 5 years of project level experience which includes a track record of successful development and construction of retail and mixed-use project
- Multi-market, end-to-end project management experience in retail and mixed-use product classes with depth in delivery aspects of ground-up development and redevelopm
- A proven track record of creating, leading, and championing a quality assurance culture across development and redevelopments project
- Experience across the full spectrum of development activities from underwriting, financing, and acquisition, to concept and design planning, to pre-development, pre-construction, construction completion, lease-up, and tenant coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple projects and markets, simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment to drive development/redevelopment project activities to successful completion.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication Strength in managing multiple outside parties on multiple projects will be critical.
- Strong technical acumen in design and construction delivery; exceptional project management skills; sensitivity to architectural excellence and enduring placemaking; clear decision-making and collaborative partnering.
- Self-starter with excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Strong strategic mind; creativity, foresight, and self-awareness and judgment in anticipating and solving complex real estate development i
- Maintain exceptionally high expectations and exert effort to surpass go
- Highly energetic and committed; excited to be part of the early stages of a growing platform.
- Driven, bias for smart action. Efficient and organiz
- Honest, open and genuin Possesses the highest personal and professional integrity.
- Low ego; willing to take on responsibilities that come with being part of a lean organization.
- Ability to develop relationships based on trust, confidence and respect with team members.
Senior Vice President of Multifamily Acquisitions
Our client, together with its affiliates, is a value oriented real estate investment company seeking to invest at all level of the capital structure in real estate debt, equity and securities. The firm’s discretionary capital, together with its strong internal operational and management capabilities, enhances its ability to react quickly and take advantage of pricing disparities that exist in the market.
This person will be expected to analyze and structure new transactions and present them to senior management and investment committee, with his/her recommendations. This person will be a key component of the acquisitions and underwriting group and will be expected to provide leadership and insight, and take an active role in the ongoing development of the underwriting policies and procedures.
Senior Vice President, East Coast Retail Leasing
Founded in 1984, our client is a comprehensive real estate firm headquartered in Washington, DC with a full-service office in Beverly Hills, CA. They have developed a $1 billion portfolio comprised of 44 properties totaling 5 million square feet with an active development pipeline more than $1 billion.
They specialize in the acquisition, development, redevelopment, and value enhancement of shopping centers and mixed-use properties. The company takes a long-term, conservative approach to real estate ownership and development actively seeking new projects in their core markets of Washington, DC and Southern California.
The Senior Vice President, East Coast Leasing (SVP), reporting to the President/CEO, is responsible for directing all facets of retail leasing, including management of East Coast leasing staff, and working closely with operational department heads (Development, Acquisitions, Construction, Property Management, Asset Management, Legal, Finance) to maintain high occupancy, upgrade tenant mix, provide market lease rate and budget leasing assumption information, meet or exceed budgeted leasing expectations and raise the profile of the company within the industry. The SVP will be a material participant in East Coast growth and value enhancement efforts by utilizing tenant and broker relationships to identify new acquisition and development opportunities, providing essential market leasing information in support of growth activity and procuring new anchor tenant lease deals for existing portfolio, redevelopment and new development projects on the East Coast. The SVP will develop and maintain relationships with retailers and brokers and be the in-house expert regarding all facets of leasing within the Washington, DC metropolitan market.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Business Administration, Finance and/or Real Estate. MBA preferred.
A significant number of years’ experience in retail leasing is required. Must possess a thorough understanding of the entire leasing process and be familiar with the portfolio, trade areas, new and existing tenants, market trends and new developments in the region. Excellent relationships with other real estate professionals (tenants, landlords, brokers, etc.) in the region is a must. Demonstrated (i) ability to foster and maintain a viable network of contacts in the industry in order to procure new lease deals for the portfolio and (ii) track record of closing lease deals (including with anchor tenants and specifically with grocery store tenants), building and motivating an effective leasing team, achieving and maintaining high occupancy levels, and devising creative solutions for leasing in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Must possess strong negotiation, communication, leadership, motivational, and sales skills, be creative and an outstanding problem solver, and have expert knowledge of retail leases. Must be organized in order to track lease expirations and other essential lease/tenant related data (e.g., sales, accounts receivable, etc.) necessary for success. Must have the ability to think “outside the box” and develop creative solutions for evolving market and industry conditions. Computer literacy required to include a working knowledge of standard business software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).