Philip Canzian, Partner
Phil is a Crown Advisors founding partner, responsible for client development, project management and direct recruiting for developers, investors, advisors, homebuilders and financial services providers. He manages search assignments from inception to completion and is actively involved in search strategy, interviews, referencing, candidate analysis, compensation negotiations and closure. Before joining Crown, Phil created, implemented and managed a real estate recruiting department within the Professional Services Division of the Southwestern Company. He holds a bachelor’s degree in management from the Pennsylvania State University.
Phil serves on the board of directors for the Southeastern Chapter of the Real Estate Investment Advisory Council and is a member of the organization’s Membership and program committees. He is active in the Pension Real Estate Association, National Multi Housing Council and National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts.
Some of Phil’s recent and completed searches include:
- A Global Portfolio Strategist & Head of Sub-Advised Relationships and a Head of North America Capital Development for a 150-year-old bank with more than 35,000 employees serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations around the world.
- Four Regional Development Partners (New Jersey, Denver, Dallas and Portland), 9 VPs of Development (Boston, Houston, Denver, New Jersey, Portland and Seattle) and a VP Construction for a national company that develops, acquires and operates high-quality apartment communities in desirable locations coast-to-coast.
- Two SVPs of Acquisition (East Coast and West Coast), an SVP West Coast Development, SVP of Regional Operations and Investments, VP of Acquisition and a Vice President of Development for a company focused on the development, acquisition and management of over 60M SF of industrial property. The company invests in major coastal and inland port logistics markets anchoring North America’s principal freight lanes.
- A Managing Director of Capital Development and Director of Investor Relations for an independent real estate advisor specializing in investments on behalf of Taft Hartley and large institutional investors.
- Head of US Real Estate Research for a manager of private real estate investments and public real estate securities with over $50B AUM.
- Placed two Division Presidents, one in Washington, DC and one in Tampa, FL, for one of the Top 10 largest publicly-held homebuilders in the country.